Who are you?

Anneli

Hi,
What a great site - it's helpful and supporting in so many ways. But hey - who are behind the screen on the other side, making all of his possible? And what is your vision, why make a site like this available for us? Could you tell a little bit about yourselves, as I'm super curious to get to know you a bit better. :)

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
I’m the Admin, and a long time soaper.

The software wasn’t my idea, as the idea actually came from the owner of the forum. He wanted to make the best soapmaking software out there, and asked soapmakers what they wanted and needed out of software. That’s where this came from.

We knew each other from a different software site that I help with (brewing relating) and since I visited him a few years ago and brought him my soap as a gift, he and his family became interested in soapmaking.

I’m a longtime forager, making my own items where I can, and always have been interested in science related hobbies as well. I’ve been homebrewing and winemaking for 25+ years, and soaping seriously for about 20 years I think. Before that, I dabbled in soapmaking but didn’t know all of the science surrounding it.

kcryss

Premium
I agree with @Anneli, I love love love this recipe builder, saver, inventory keeper, and batch keeper! I don't currently use all the features, but probably will one day. I'm still pretty new to soaping and keep most everything on spreadsheets, but when/if I start selling, the other features available here would be tremendously helpful!

I'm on the SMF forum and recommend this tool whenever possible. Thanks for providing an amazing resource!!!

Kismet

I have been soaping for about four years, often using either the honey or beeswax in my recipes from the honeybees I raise. I also make mead. I learned about this site from someone on SMF, and I like the way your soap calculator works.

In soaping, my goal is to be able to consistently get a thin trace, so I can make some more complicated swirls and designs. I like the soaps I have been making, but somehow, they tend towards a medium to heavy trace. Great for confetti and block designs and in the pot swirling. But, I'm ready to explore some more complex areas of soapmaking.

jeanemarie

Premium
Thank you for taking the math out of batching the water & lye! My water and lye are now ready to go whenever I am. Thank you, Yooper, et al.
Mead?! Yay, a new project!

JoeyJ

Thankyou!!
I seem to find new and very helpful features on here every time I visit or click on something I havent tried before!

maidenhu

I found this site last week it seems amazing. Aside from the recipe calculator and such, I love the inventory option. This is amazing.

101Sheilas

Hello, I am excited about learning here and sharing my new passion, it is great to hear people with the same interests. I live on a honeyfarm, I am using gifts from bees and nature in my soap but still I am a beginner.

Tonyvassalos

Hi all, I did my first soap a year ago and loved the experience. I am still learning about oils and try to find a compilation that will be perfect according to lye calculator recommendations. This calculator is the best I have seen so far, thank you for providing it to us

MonicsDelight

This site is super helpful! I made melt and pour soaps for about a year and was ready to jump to cold process. All the stats in the calculator are so helpful. And the forum is great too. Thanks for making this available AND free.

MelsW

This site is especially useful for newbies like myself. I love the soap calculator and forum. Lots of useful information here. I have only made a few cold process soaps so far although I think I am getting better. Thank you for answering all my questions without having to ask :)

Eclypse

Thank you for this site. I, too, forage, make wine, process most of my own food. I also feed my Federal Service Dogs a biologicaly appropriate raw food diet, so I always have lots of fat for tallow. I really like the calculator that this site provides. It has helped me out with the math and science aspects of soapmaking. I used to make soaps with my parents as a child. I'm happy to be doing it again.

Konase

Hi Admin,
What can I say - A MASSIVE THANK YOU - you have saved me hours of working on excel spreadsheet attempting to price my items. I am newbie soaper looking at how viable making soap as a 2nd income could be in times like this. So grateful...

Is there any chance of creating a similar sight for lotions and creams :)?

Stay, Healthy and Safe everyone.

Sallyje

Hello I am Sally I knit socks and make soap. I also have an interest in linux

woolyrunnerlady

Got bored one day and thought to myself that hey, I have all the stuff on hand to make a basic bar of soap since I process raw fleece into yarn, sometimes grow and sometimes forage dyestuffs, and make pretzels. A little bit of olive, coconut, and avocado oil later with some coffee grounds and it was off to the races. The timing was good as we had just run out of soap!

Between this site and the BB youtube channel, I feel like I'm getting good enough to be called a beginner! The calculator is a lifesaver, I had looked into soap making in the past but the math for the particular oils and percentages to get the right balance in the soap just made it seem like I was going to have to rebatch every other batch until I got it right.

I also tend to do things like participate in triathlons, run an inadvisable amount of miles, make croissants, knit, weave, paint, garden, and occasionally - sleep.

pmleano0701

Hi, I'm a newbie in soapmaking. I made my first batch of soaps last Christmas. So far, its been a great trip.

My Waterloo is recording my recipes. This site makes it soooo easy. I haven't used all the functions yet but so far, I am happy. Thank you for everything that you do.