Who are you?

Anneli

Hi,
What a great site - it's helpful and supporting in so many ways. But hey - who are behind the screen on the other side, making all of his possible? And what is your vision, why make a site like this available for us? Could you tell a little bit about yourselves, as I'm super curious to get to know you a bit better. :)

Yooper

Administrator
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
I’m the Admin, and a long time soaper.

The software wasn’t my idea, as the idea actually came from the owner of the forum. He wanted to make the best soapmaking software out there, and asked soapmakers what they wanted and needed out of software. That’s where this came from.

We knew each other from a different software site that I help with (brewing relating) and since I visited him a few years ago and brought him my soap as a gift, he and his family became interested in soapmaking.

I’m a longtime forager, making my own items where I can, and always have been interested in science related hobbies as well. I’ve been homebrewing and winemaking for 25+ years, and soaping seriously for about 20 years I think. Before that, I dabbled in soapmaking but didn’t know all of the science surrounding it.

kcryss

I agree with @Anneli, I love love love this recipe builder, saver, inventory keeper, and batch keeper! I don't currently use all the features, but probably will one day. I'm still pretty new to soaping and keep most everything on spreadsheets, but when/if I start selling, the other features available here would be tremendously helpful!

I'm on the SMF forum and recommend this tool whenever possible. Thanks for providing an amazing resource!!!

Kismet

I have been soaping for about four years, often using either the honey or beeswax in my recipes from the honeybees I raise. I also make mead. I learned about this site from someone on SMF, and I like the way your soap calculator works.

In soaping, my goal is to be able to consistently get a thin trace, so I can make some more complicated swirls and designs. I like the soaps I have been making, but somehow, they tend towards a medium to heavy trace. Great for confetti and block designs and in the pot swirling. But, I'm ready to explore some more complex areas of soapmaking.

jeanemarie

Thank you for taking the math out of batching the water & lye! My water and lye are now ready to go whenever I am. Thank you, Yooper, et al.
Mead?! Yay, a new project!

Daniface24

May God bless you for the time you have teken to keep this site running this will help us

thanks

JoeyJ

Thankyou!!
I seem to find new and very helpful features on here every time I visit or click on something I havent tried before!