Notes not saving properly

szaza

There seems to be a maximum amount of characters that can be saved in my notes. If I go over that the rest doesn't get saved, which means I have some incomplete notes. Is it possible to add a warning about this, so I'm sure I don't go over the max amount of characters and don't have incomplete notes without realizing? Or even better would be to have an unlimited amount of characters for note taking😉
I also had some trouble with fragrance notes which disappeared and I'm not quite sure why.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
There seems to be a maximum amount of characters that can be saved in my notes. If I go over that the rest doesn't get saved, which means I have some incomplete notes. Is it possible to add a warning about this, so I'm sure I don't go over the max amount of characters and don't have incomplete notes without realizing? Or even better would be to have an unlimited amount of characters for note taking😉
I also had some trouble with fragrance notes which disappeared and I'm not quite sure why.

We added a ton of more space to the notes area, so you should be able to add whatever notes you wish to add. Please let me know what you think, and if this is what you envisioned. Thanks so much!

szaza

We added a ton of more space to the notes area, so you should be able to add whatever notes you wish to add. Please let me know what you think, and if this is what you envisioned. Thanks so much!
Thank you! I'll check it out and get back to you

szaza

The issue seems to be resolved, I played around with it a bit and added a bunch of notes and everything saved perfectly. Thank you!

szaza

I'm afraid I lost a part of my notes again.. I noticed I lost them after contemplating a recipe and coming back to it. I added the missing notes and made sure it was updated. After updating I checked if they were still there and they were so I was relieved, but this morning the notes were cut off at the exact same point as they were before (after 104 characters if I counted correctly). Do you have any idea why this could have happened?

Eta: the original recipe was made a day before the extra space was added to the notes.. could that be part of the problem?

szaza

...and it happened again. I made a new recipe today, figured out a bunch of calculations for splitting the batch at trace and I lost them all when I went back to actually make the soap. My notes were cut down to 30 characters. This is getting really frustrating as I rely heavily on my notes. I'm already updating every 2 seconds to make sure I don't lose anything when I go check out a usage rate on another website, but even though I do that, I keep losing my notes. I had no problems for a while and now it's worse than before (I've got even less characters left in my notes)

szaza

Thank you Yooper! Sometimes it still saves perfectly fine (I just had one recipe this week where my notes did save properly), but it's just not reliable. After the one that saved my notes properly I thought I'd add some notes to another recipe that I did that same week and they were gone by the time I opened it again (well not gone, more like cut in half).
It doesn't seem to matter if I use my phone or my laptop to add the notes to my recipe, though I use my phone more often.
I'm keeping all my notes on paper as well for the moment just to be sure and hope the problem will get resolved!