Edit/Copy Batch in My Batches

Amanita

Is this calculator still being actively supported? I've only started using it relatively recently and it looks like it should be great, but there are apparently a couple of major bugs like the one in this thread which haven't been fixed.

I really like the concept of being able to record batches, add pictures etc, but as it stands that whole part of the functionality seems borderline unusable. For instance since the batch can't be edited, there's no way to go back later and add pictures of the cut soap, as far as I can tell.

If there are no plans to continue supporting/bug fixing, it would be great to get an official word on that so I and other users in the same position can cut our losses and find another solution.

Orla

Yes, Amanita, I totally agree. It's SUCH a pity. So many things are just fantastic with this calculator. The problems with the batches are numerous. I can't even delete mine!!! What I do now is download each batch in PDF onto my computer - that way I can insert photos. It's such a pity - the little glitches have been there for ages now. It's hard to understand how so much excellent work was carried out and this relatively tiny bit of necessary fine-tuning can't be done...

Amanita

Yes, it’s being worked on by developers. Unfortunately, I don’t have a timeline on the batches fix right now.
Hi Yooper, thanks for the reply, I'm sure there must be a lot of people asking about various issues so it's good to see an update.

The thing is, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, this seems to have been raised in October 2019 and I couldn't find any information other than that they're working on it. It's hard to have confidence that it's actually going to be fixed at this point, is there anything you can share with us to give us some reassurance? Or even if you can clarify that it won't be fixed in, for example, the next 6 months, that would help make a decision.

ArtPlantation

Premium
Hi all,
Just to add my two-pence worth to this discussion, I really hope the issues can be fixed. I have worked with other lye calculators too, but IMHO the whole concept behind this site (compared to others) beats them all, hands down. If the issues around batches could be fixed, it would be amazing. I have encountered problems with batches not resizing correctly, even after starting again with an updated recipe with the quantities correct. Perhaps it's a cache refresh problem or something?
Anyway, this is now my go-to site for calculating recipes and preparing soap batches - I love it! Please keep up the software support and let us members know if there is anything we can do to help :)

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Thank you for the kind words! I agree that it's annoying that we still haven't fixed the 'batch' features. I'm not privy to all of the developer issues (I wouldn't understand anyway I'm sure), but I use the software too so I know that we want it fixed as soon as possible. Hopefully the priority ones will be fixed soon.