Deleting a saved recipe

Ladka P

Creating and saving more than 5 recipes in SoapmakingFriend requires a premium membership. If you have 53, we won't remove them of course but since it's more than 5 recipes, you cannot add more with a free membership.
Does it mean I can no longer use the calculator unless I pay membership?

Ladka P

So if I can't pay membership and still want to save a few recipes the only way is to create a new account?

Ladka P

Is it possible you signed up on the forum before creating the recipe? That's usually the case if the dates are different.
Just the opposite: the date of my first recipe is January 11, 2019 and the date of the start of my membership is September 9, 2019.

Ladka P

So you joined the forum after making a recipe. That’s fine, many people do that.
I did not know I could make a recipe and save it without joining the forum. Are we talking of the SoapMakingForum or of the forum we're talking on now - I don't even know if they are two different forums ... I'm perplexed. Thank you in advance for clarifying.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
This forum is for support of Soapmakingfriend.com, and SMF is a recipe builder software package. There are other forums that talk about soap and soapmaking, which we do here, but this forum is attached to soapmakingfriend.com. Some people will make recipes and never once visit this forum. Some will visit the forum, and never make a recipe. It’s just nice that you can do both here, as well as get support for tech issues with the software if needed.

msunnerstood

Premium
Its 2022 and I am a legacy member. These rules have made this tool unusable to me. I cannot even update an existing recipe. Simply changing the total oil size is not allowed. Basically, I am unable to use it outside one-size mold instead of how it used to be.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Its 2022 and I am a legacy member. These rules have made this tool unusable to me. I cannot even update an existing recipe. Simply changing the total oil size is not allowed. Basically, I am unable to use it outside one-size mold instead of how it used to be.

Saving more than 5 recipes requires a premium account. If you already have more than 5, you cannot save an additional recipe without a premium account. Changing sizes and saving creates a new recipe.

msunnerstood

Premium
Saving more than 5 recipes requires a premium account. If you already have more than 5, you cannot save an additional recipe without a premium account. Changing sizes and saving creates a new recipe.
So you've locked your legacy members out unless they pay for premium. In no forms I work with, does saving the edits on the original, create a new item. I cannot delete my old ones or edit the 2 recipes I actually use. If Id have known where this was headed in the beginning. I wouldn't have spent my own free time testing your application and providing feedback. I could have waited and then created 5 recipes with the 5 sizes I needed like any new user currently can.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
So you've locked your legacy members out unless they pay for premium. In no forms I work with, does saving the edits on the original, create a new item. I cannot delete my old ones or edit the 2 recipes I actually use. If Id have known where this was headed in the beginning. I wouldn't have spent my own free time testing your application and providing feedback. I could have waited and then created 5 recipes with the 5 sizes I needed like any new user currently can.

Thank you so much for the input. I’ve discussed this issue with the developers and they’re now working on a way to allow editing/changing saved recipes for our legacy users. I’ll keep you posted as to when that happens! Should be very soon.

Davali

Premium
@Yooper I don't believe the subscription requirements are bothering people as much as the fact that there was no notice or opportunity to take action prior to the accounts being essentially locked.

Perhaps you could request that the admins/developers provide a 30-day (or even 10-day) grace period with notice to all members? Other options might be a 10-day free trial for new and existing members, or a one-time access pass for existing members to log in and make the changes they need to make.

Whatever solution the admins decide to offer, this would create a lot of goodwill, and stop the bad press that is pretty much blowing up in other places. This calculator is the best available, and I really want to see it become the go-to for soapers everywhere.

Alan

Administrator
Premium
@Yooper I don't believe the subscription requirements are bothering people as much as the fact that there was no notice or opportunity to take action prior to the accounts being essentially locked.

Perhaps you could request that the admins/developers provide a 30-day (or even 10-day) grace period with notice to all members? Other options might be a 10-day free trial for new and existing members, or a one-time access pass for existing members to log in and make the changes they need to make.

Whatever solution the admins decide to offer, this would create a lot of goodwill, and stop the bad press that is pretty much blowing up in other places. This calculator is the best available, and I really want to see it become the go-to for soapers everywhere.

Can you point us to where things are blowing up please?

I believe users can edit old recipes now and all old recipes are still there. So legacy users can continue to use the product as it was.

Davali

Premium
On Soapmakingforum.com for sure. I am not on FB but was PM'd by someone who saw posts about it in several FB soapmaking groups.

PS - I just posted in the SMForum thread and let them know of the fix. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Alan

Administrator
Premium
On Soapmakingforum.com for sure. I am not on FB but was PM'd by someone who saw posts about it in several FB soapmaking groups.

If you can track down the Facebook Group I would really appreciate it. I own SoapmakingForum.com and will keep an eye out there.

I feel like we provided the service for free and ad-free for so many years that now with all features complete, bugs fixed, asking for a small fee is reasonable. We have not locked anyone out of the their accounts or deleted recipes, they can continue to use so that should be solid goodwill.

Without any revenue, we cannot continue to develop this and I think people understand that.

Davali

Premium
If you can track down the Facebook Group I would really appreciate it. I own SoapmakingForum.com and will keep an eye out there.

I feel like we provided the service for free and ad-free for so many years that now with all features complete, bugs fixed, asking for a small fee is reasonable. We have not locked anyone out of the their accounts or deleted recipes, they can continue to use so that should be solid goodwill.

Without any revenue, we cannot continue to develop this and I think people understand that.
I totally get that, and was happy to pay the fee to be a premium member here. I think it was just the notice issue that set people back. But you've fixed that now, so I think all should be well.

I'll ask the person who reached out to me privately if she can get in touch with you directly regarding the FB threads.

Davali

Premium
@msunnerstood I think this is the thread we were discussing over on the SM Forum. Per the above, you can access and edit old recipes now.

Latest posts