What can I add into melt and pour soap base?

Dadda

Hi,

I am totally new to soap making and basically I want to make my owm natural bar soap with goat milk (powdered), honey and beef tallow. I am bit scared of lye and it also takes much more time from what I have read. I was wondering if I can just add those ingredients into melt & pour soap? And if, what is the ratio? I don' t want it be just a block of grease. This is the INCI of the soap base: Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium palmate, organic suger, natrium Cocoate, decyl Glucoside, sodium chloride, citric acid, sodium citrate, Palm Kernelate, Aloe Vera Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder

Thank you.

Last edited:

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
I'm definitely not an expert on melt and pour- but remember it's basically premade soap already so adding more fat (tallow) can be really iffy if you don't already know the superfat of the soap. The fat you add won't mix in with the soap (since that already happened when the base was made) , so it'll be just added tallow. Many people add things like color and fragrance, but I don't know about adding more fat.

seraphim

You can purchase a melt and pour base with all the ingredients you wanted to add.....i.e. goat milk and honey. I would imagine that if you were to add those ingredients to your already made melt and pour soap, it might not turn out or give you the results you are looking for. Hope this helps and good luck!