We need requests!

Alan

Administrator
Premium
We need more to work on!

How can we make SMF better for you?

joko

Premium
Hi Alan, I sent you my feedback by mail some weeks ago and indeed many of the requests were followed up. Thank you for that :)

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Hi Alan, I sent you my feedback by mail some weeks ago and indeed many of the requests were followed up. Thank you for that :)
No problem! I really need/seek feedback and requests to make this application include everything all soapmakers need.

Ephemerella

Premium
I may not have seen if this is possible or not (if not, then consider it a request!) — is there a way to expand on the inventory and batch record to include items other than soap? Like candles, blams, lotions, etc? Thanks!

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
I may not have seen if this is possible or not (if not, then consider it a request!) — is there a way to expand on the inventory and batch record to include items other than soap? Like candles, blams, lotions, etc? Thanks!

We do have that feature- you can create ‘non soap’ recipes and use the inventory and batch feature the same way.

kcryss

Premium
As a backup to potential disaster (no internet for days/weeks, your servers go down etc.), can you add the ability to export? It's one of the reason's I'm reluctant to give up all the spreadsheets I currently use for everything except soap.

ChrissieM

Premium
We need more to work on!

I have not been soaping as frequently as I have been. Last night, I tried tweaking some of my old recipes and I found it tedious to print a copy compared to the previous hit print and voila - recipe is printed! It wants me to save and what comes up just confused me. Had to email to myself and print from there. That is one observation.

The second observation - I wanted to use similar recipe and change the additives and it would not save using a different name. Then, when it finally saved, I got negative liquid amount. The amount required for the additives were so much more than what I normally need, unless I am using way below the standard.

Third observation - I tried to use the rescaling feature and input the dimension of my mold - 6 x 10 x 30 cm and the result was way different from my expectation. I have used this mold before for 4 kg of oil and just use individual molds for the overflow. I am not sure where I went wrong.

Is there a guideline on how to use the calculator instead of going through posts? Once I get past my initial frustration, I will probably be OK. Just need to use the app more.

Thanks Alan for your help!

Alan

Administrator
Premium
I have not been soaping as frequently as I have been. Last night, I tried tweaking some of my old recipes and I found it tedious to print a copy compared to the previous hit print and voila - recipe is printed! It wants me to save and what comes up just confused me. Had to email to myself and print from there. That is one observation.

The second observation - I wanted to use similar recipe and change the additives and it would not save using a different name. Then, when it finally saved, I got negative liquid amount. The amount required for the additives were so much more than what I normally need, unless I am using way below the standard.

Third observation - I tried to use the rescaling feature and input the dimension of my mold - 6 x 10 x 30 cm and the result was way different from my expectation. I have used this mold before for 4 kg of oil and just use individual molds for the overflow. I am not sure where I went wrong.

Is there a guideline on how to use the calculator instead of going through posts? Once I get past my initial frustration, I will probably be OK. Just need to use the app more.

Thanks Alan for your help!
Thank you for your feedbacks. We will improvement flow to print PDF in next app release.

ChrissieM

Premium
Thank you for your feedbacks. We will improvement flow to print PDF in next app release.
Hi Alan
Thanks for your reply. What about my other observations. In addition to the second observation, I reentered my oils and other info and I got a different water requirement. Not sure what happened there and I am now hesitant to use the calculator. Don't even know what a negative water requirement means.
Hoping for your quick reply as usual.
Thanks

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Hi Alan
Thanks for your reply. What about my other observations. In addition to the second observation, I reentered my oils and other info and I got a different water requirement. Not sure what happened there and I am now hesitant to use the calculator. Don't even know what a negative water requirement means.
Hoping for your quick reply as usual.
Thanks
Can you give some images for that?

ChrissieM

Premium
Thanks Alan. Just weary about the result. At the moment, I am just comparing with other recipes to make it work. I might actually use other calculators to double check.

Trudybee

We need more to work on!

Hello Alan! Will there being any updates to the package section in the inventory? The current function is limited and frustrating to use, and I am surprise that the admins as not seen this has an issue over the last couple of years.
  • Have the ability to name our packages instead of the generic list. We can't identify our packaging appropriately in the supply list. (I sell liquid soap, body oil, room spray, perfume and bath salt which are all bottles in the different sizes, I can't tell the difference after entering)
  • Fix the packaging calculation when entering purchase. The "size of container" column affects the calculation of the packaging, which makes it confusing to the end users. I understand that you may not want to create custom / additional columns, but the size column may need to be disable.
  • Bottle Cap is not working correctly. See below.
Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 10.44.15 AM.png

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Hello Alan! Will there being any updates to the package section in the inventory? The current function is limited and frustrating to use, and I am surprise that the admins as not seen this has an issue over the last couple of years.
  • Have the ability to name our packages instead of the generic list. We can't identify our packaging appropriately in the supply list. (I sell liquid soap, body oil, room spray, perfume and bath salt which are all bottles in the different sizes, I can't tell the difference after entering)
  • Fix the packaging calculation when entering purchase. The "size of container" column affects the calculation of the packaging, which makes it confusing to the end users. I understand that you may not want to create custom / additional columns, but the size column may need to be disable.
  • Bottle Cap is not working correctly. See below.
View attachment 8223
Can you give more details why Bottle Cap is not working? I have just tried and it's working as expected.

Trudybee

Can you give more details why Bottle Cap is not working? I have just tried and it's working as expected.
I don't know what I have done to cause this issue. Here is the screenshot when entering the information vs after saving.Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 11.58.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-03-06 at 12.03.06 AM.png

I don't understand the point of the "size of container" column when we are imputing packaging items. My thought process is we only should be using the number of container and price per container column. You see above in the box example I put 3 in the size container column but I only purchased 100. My supplies now shows I purchased 300 and now have 200 in inventory. I don't even know how or when the system deducted the 100 boxes. :) So, my accounting brain isn't allowing to understand the calculations. What am I missing?

I know a lot of folks in the soap community have said they are not fans of math. I would like to make another suggestions, maybe you can include a calculator (or total price column that automatically does the calculation) on the add purchase screen. This will assist individuals who buy in bulk and the supplier doesn't include a per price item on their invoice. Just a thought and thanks for your help.

Latest posts