Trouble with Auto Calculations

thewildrosesalon

Premium
I’m having a hard time with saving recipes and having them not generate values (everything says 0g) once the recipe is saved. When I return to edit and renter my main values (its usually my lye concentration and ratio that has zeroed out in the recipe) and toggle to results the values are there, but they disappear again upon saving. Screenshots attachedIMG_0135.png

Attachments

• IMG_0136.png
    IMG_0136.png
    177 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0137.png
    IMG_0137.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 1

ChrissieM

Premium
Hi Alan

When I substitute other liquids for water, the liquid calculation box is the last calculation before additional ingredients. Is it possible to have liquid and liquid substitutes immediately below liquid required in the Liquid and NaOH part? (Sorry, too many liquids) This would give me a better idea of how much "Total Liquid including subs" is required instead of having to add the liquid substitute located two boxes down to verify if I have the desired totals. Thus, If I were using Master Batch Lye Weight it would be shown like this:

Liquid Required (Water)
Goat's Milk (Sub for Water)
Master Batch Lye Weight or Lye

Even a lye correction would be really helpful for the use of Citric Acid.

I use master batch lye weight made by a chemical company most of the time. It saves me from dissolving lye myself. By the way, I use MacBook, if that helps.

Thanks for you assistance as usual.

ChrissieM

Premium
By the way, why am I classified New member? I have asked this question before but did not get a satisfactory answer by Yooper. She said maybe I am a new contributor in the forum but it says I have made 18 contributions, and it should not matter as I am still not a new member having joined in 2019? Or how many contributions do we need to have made before being considered an old Member? Thanks, just thought I'd ask to satisfy my curiosity.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
By the way, why am I classified New member? I have asked this question before but did not get a satisfactory answer by Yooper. She said maybe I am a new contributor in the forum but it says I have made 18 contributions, and it should not matter as I am still not a new member having joined in 2019? Or how many contributions do we need to have made before being considered an old Member? Thanks, just thought I'd ask to satisfy my curiosity.

The ‘new member’ thing is from the forum tags- it has to do with the length of time on the forum and not how long actually a member using the software. We’ve integrated the forum into our whole package, so that’s how the forum part does it.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Hi Alan

When I substitute other liquids for water, the liquid calculation box is the last calculation before additional ingredients. Is it possible to have liquid and liquid substitutes immediately below liquid required in the Liquid and NaOH part? (Sorry, too many liquids) This would give me a better idea of how much "Total Liquid including subs" is required instead of having to add the liquid substitute located two boxes down to verify if I have the desired totals. Thus, If I were using Master Batch Lye Weight it would be shown like this:

Liquid Required (Water)
Goat's Milk (Sub for Water)
Master Batch Lye Weight or Lye

Even a lye correction would be really helpful for the use of Citric Acid.

I use master batch lye weight made by a chemical company most of the time. It saves me from dissolving lye myself. By the way, I use MacBook, if that helps.

Thanks for you assistance as usual.

As far as redoing the liquids, I think that could be a good idea so we’ll consider that. Thanks!