Problem with Batch Resizing

tgirlsoap

Premium
I made a 150oz master batch Feb 8th. No problem. But now when I change the recipe size linked to it the batch from Feb 8th changes. My inventory is all messed up. I thought I could resize the batch back to 150 and it would be fine. Nope! The measurements for all the oils were beyond 150oz total. I went to edit and make notes -- the math increased on the oils again. I did this two more times (edited notes on the batch), and each time the math for the recipe increased even though I did NOTHING about the batch size. All I did was edit my notes. Now SF says I'm all out of various oils because my 150oz batch needs 322oz of coconut oil.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
I don’t quite understand what you’re saying, so I’ll try to rephrase to see if I got it. You made a recipe, and made a batch of 150oz.

and when you copy the recipe and remake it with a lesser amount, the new batch is wrong? Or you’re adjusting the recipe without copying/saving?

The ‘batch’ feature is used for each recipe. So changing the recipe means making a new recipe and a new batch.

Or are you resizing in the ‘batch’ feature itself? When you go into the ‘batch’ feature, you can make a smaller or larger batch and that should work without changing the recipe in your recipe list. Is that what is happening?

I’m not sure if you’re using the recipe builder to change the recipe or the batch feature. If you could give a screenshot or two, we’d appreciate that and can dig into it.

tgirlsoap

Premium
Great questions! I'd have to re-read this several times to make sure I'm using the correct language to explain.
So I will look into this in a month -- I'm about to leave on a trip and won't have wi-fi/cell coverage to address this until I get home. I didn't notice the problem until yesterday, but I've been noticing my inventory is way off and it must be how I'm using the batch feature.

tgirlsoap

Premium
Sorry for the delay! Three things are happening and I'm probably the reason for one of the problems.
1. I use the same recipe for multiple batches. In order to limit having multiple recipes when all I do is change one oil, for example, I change the recipe, save it and then create Batch 1.
A week later I'll use the same recipe, change something to the recipe, save it (not "Save as" because i don't want to have a new recipe in my list of recipes) and create Batch 2.
So the Recipe from Batch 1 is no longer the recipe I used in Batch 1. Is this affecting my inventory? Does every single batch need a unique recipe tied to it?

2 & 3. Thinking I was creating issues I started creating new recipes and using the "re-sizing function" within the Batch section of the software. So if Recipe A was 50oz I make "Batch 3" at 150oz. But my inventory is way off and 2. the system says I have an oil but calculates $0, and the system says I have the oil but the "No" button is highlighted" So here are screen shots of what's happening.
My 170oz batch shows I need 25oz of Palm and that I have it, but there $0 cost.

I went to Edit the batch to see what I could do and in "Edit mode" within Batches the Palm requirement jumped up to 857oz, which I don't have. Same Batch. I haven't touched anything. Choosing "Edit" for this batch changes the math. Makes no sense. :)

Attachments

• 8-23 SF Edit batch window for 170oz batch.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-23 SF Edit Mode 857oz not 25.pdf
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 8-23 Master Batch SF Inventory Mixup -1.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 0

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Yes, if you change the recipe and the ingredients, you actually don't have the same recipe so you'll want to save it and create a batch with that to ensure that it's all saved correctly and the inventory is correct.

The resize batch should work if it's exactly the same recipe with exactly the same ingredients. I can turn in a support ticket for that, if that is not what is happening for you.

I resize mine right inside the recipe builder, so don't usually resize batches, but I have in the past and it worked so not sure what's happening. I will send that over to the developer to dig into that one.

tgirlsoap

Premium
So if I Save Recipe A and Make batch 1 does that mean I cannot return to Recipe A, change the fragrance and Batch 1 will still be accurate? I already have 100 recipes and the issue started when I wanted my fragrance costs calculated. I use Recipe A for several different fragrances and don't want multiple ecipes when all I want to do is change the fragrance.

tgirlsoap

Premium
I would love to have a ticket added for the inventory issue. Why would clicking on the "Edit" button within Batches change my Palm oil requirements from 25oz to 857oz?
Also, I just added beer to my inventory today (with yesterday's date), and it doesn't show I have beer to make a recipe. Is that a server/connect issue and I have to wait a day for the beer to transfer to my inventory?

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
So if I Save Recipe A and Make batch 1 does that mean I cannot return to Recipe A, change the fragrance and Batch 1 will still be accurate? I already have 100 recipes and the issue started when I wanted my fragrance costs calculated. I use Recipe A for several different fragrances and don't want multiple ecipes when all I want to do is change the fragrance.

That's a good question- when you said 'change ingredients', I thought you meant ingredients (not just scent). Let's see what the developer can do, and we'll have a good idea of what's happening. If there is a bug/issue, he will fix it.

tgirlsoap

Premium
I used to resize mine in my recipe builder, too. Does it not affect your older batches, or are you choosing the "Save As" button within the recipe builder and creating a brand new recipe? Thanks for your help!

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I would love to have a ticket added for the inventory issue. Why would clicking on the "Edit" button within Batches change my Palm oil requirements from 25oz to 857oz?
Also, I just added beer to my inventory today (with yesterday's date), and it doesn't show I have beer to make a recipe. Is that a server/connect issue and I have to wait a day for the beer to transfer to my inventory?

Did you add beer as an ingredient in the inventory? Can I see a screenshot of the entry? Liquids are in their category, and it should work.

tgirlsoap

Premium
That's a good question- when you said 'change ingredients', I thought you meant ingredients (not just scent). Let's see what the developer can do, and we'll have a good idea of what's happening. If there is a bug/issue, he will fix it.
I was changing oils, too. But the problem started when all I want to change is a fragrance.

tgirlsoap

Premium
I was changing oils, too. But the problem started when all I want to change is a fragrance.
I Added a Purchase. It shows I have beer but when I add beer in my recipe builder and then choose "Start Batch" there's no beer in my inventory. Pictures here

Attachments

• 4-24 SF No beer in Batch mode.pdf
    100 KB · Views: 2
  • 4-24 Beer not registering in Batch mode.pdf
    131.7 KB · Views: 0

tgirlsoap

Premium
That would be a new recipe if you save it as a new recipe.
I know. :) What I'm trying to understand is if I can resize Recipe A for Batch 1 within the Recipe Builder and then change the size of Recipe A for Batch 2 in the recipe builder without messing up Batch 1.
I think what's dawning on me is I mess with a recipe and don't always choose "Start Batch" within the recipe builder. I go to the Batch tab to do it later. Could this be part of the problem?
thanks!

tgirlsoap

Premium
I Added a Purchase. It shows I have beer but when I add beer in my recipe builder and then choose "Start Batch" there's no beer in my inventory. Pictures here
Here's the screenshot of me having added it to inventory

Attachments

• 4-24 Beer purchase - added to inventory.pdf
    67 KB · Views: 2

tgirlsoap

Premium
This is the crazy thing! It's not calculating anything. It's saying I need 3.53oz for the recipe, but there's no cost, and it's not removing the beer from my inventory. The 52.15oz it says I have left is my total inventory. If the system was working the total would be 52.15 minus 3.52, and there would be a cost for the beer. .

tgirlsoap

Premium
Do you see how in the same screenshot the fragrance "Oatmeal Stout" has a green check mark and the "Yes" button is highlighted on the left?
For the Beer there's a yellow exclamation mark and the "no" is highlighted.

tgirlsoap

Premium
Yes! I always enter prices when I add new purchases. I entered it as a Liquid because that's where I found "Beer." But there is no "Liquids" tab when you search for "My Supplies" under the Inventory tab. The system automatically puts all liquids under Additives. Here's a screen shot of both.

Attachments

• 4-24 Beer entered as Liquids when purchased.png
    4-24 Beer entered as Liquids when purchased.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 4-24 Beer in Supplies Screenshot.png
    4-24 Beer in Supplies Screenshot.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts