potential math issue

soapergalnguy

I wanted to use SMF to create my recipe because it has the masterbatch feature, however there seems to be a slight error in the calculations. On SMF it shows 71.2oz total batch weight. If you add up all the weights of the lye, water, oils and frag oil...it only adds up to 70.67oz. If you add in the 5% SF, it becomes 74.20oz

70.67*.05 = 74.2035

Where is the 71.20oz coming from and how was it calculated.

Now, on soapcalc....if you add the lye, water, oils and frag oil together it equals 70.67oz. Even if you do the math for a masterbatch (since soapcalc doesnt have that feature) it still adds up to 70.67oz.

I am going to guess that the 71.20oz is adding in the amount of sodium lactate thats in the recipe? correct?

Can this be explained?

Thanks

Attachments

• PINK PURP LOAF MASTERBATCH LYE AND PIPING.pdf
    34.5 KB · Views: 11
  • PINK PURP LOAF MASTERBATCH LYE AND PIPING2.pdf
    86.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
@soapergalnguy .. Thank you for testing SoapmakingFriend .. Calculated total batch size at SoapMakingFriend includes additives .. so yes it includes sodium lactate .. shouldn't it ?

soapergalnguy

@soapergalnguy .. Thank you for testing SoapmakingFriend .. Calculated total batch size at SoapMakingFriend includes additives .. so yes it includes sodium lactate .. shouldn't it ?
Well, seeing as how the other popular calc doesnt have that included or if you use the one from bramble berry...that one doesnt include it either, So I am not sure if it should be included.