New Version is Live!

Alan

Administrator
Premium
The new version of SoapmakingFriend.com is live! Please let us know if you spot any issues. We have some design tweaks for mobile coming in the next few days and are aware of those.

PinkPaws

Premium
I can't log out. I was going to report a bug with logging in so tried logging out so I could recreate it. The original bug was logging in from one of the links in the posts.

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 3

PinkPaws

Premium
It was the link in the Need Help! - Soapmaking Friend Beta post that was made within the last half hour. The log in popped up in the page, and wouldn't work. Pushing the Log In button didn't do anything. I had to click Log In from the right top corner to get the pop up window to log in.

Alan

Administrator
Premium
I can't log out. I was going to report a bug with logging in so tried logging out so I could recreate it. The original bug was logging in from one of the links in the posts.

That should be fixed now!

PinkPaws

Premium
I’m on my phone using Safari now. When not logged in, there aren’t any bars in the top right. Selecting Log In from the top left menu produces an error, but then the bars appear in the top right. Selecting Log In from there works fine once the menu shows up.

Can’t attach screenshots from my phone. Will add them in a few once I email them to my computer

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 5

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I’m on my phone using Safari now. When not logged in, there aren’t any bars in the top right. Selecting Log In from the top left menu produces an error, but then the bars appear in the top right. Selecting Log In from there works fine once the menu shows up.

Can’t attach screenshots from my phone. Will add them in a few once I email them to my computer
This has been fixed

danatzkoj

Hi! Has anyone else noticed calculations being off? I noticed Sat/Unsat calc seems to be off.

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Hi! Has anyone else noticed calculations being off? I noticed Sat/Unsat calc seems to be off.
We haven’t noticed and no one beta testing has either. Can you be more specific on what you feel is off?

danatzkoj

We haven’t noticed and no one beta testing has either. Can you be more specific on what you feel is off?
Tried to attach a screen shot and it wouldn't let me. Basically this software is showing my sat/unsat as: Saturated : Unsaturated13:87

which I knew right away wasn't accurate and I sent into soapcalc and input the same data and soapcal is showing 44:56 which is more of what I was actually expecting to see.

JennySparks

Premium
Tried to attach a screen shot and it wouldn't let me. Basically this software is showing my sat/unsat as: Saturated : Unsaturated13:87

which I knew right away wasn't accurate and I sent into soapcalc and input the same data and soapcal is showing 44:56 which is more of what I was actually expecting to see.
Mine is inaccurate as well. One of my standard recipes shows the Sat/Unsat as 6:94 which is way off.

danatzkoj

I also noticed if I select 'Ounces' for Section '2' (units of measure) the additives section calculation is off as well when using "%of oils"
example: oil weight is 45oz

citric acid: 1.5% of total oils is showing 1.5oz which if you do the math it should actually be 0.675oz
coconut milk powder: 5% of total oils is showing 5oz but again if you do the math it should actually be 2.25oz

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I also noticed if I select 'Ounces' for Section '2' (units of measure) the additives section calculation is off as well when using "%of oils"
example: oil weight is 45oz

citric acid: 1.5% of total oils is showing 1.5oz which if you do the math it should actually be 0.675oz
coconut milk powder: 5% of total oils is showing 5oz but again if you do the math it should actually be 2.25oz
I can't reproduce this issue ..can you please give some steps to reproduce ?
1648339784002.png

danatzkoj

for some reason it's not letting me attach my images, so tried again you should have all 3 now. thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 8.21.17 PM Medium.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 8.21.17 PM Medium.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 8.14.10 PM Large Medium.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 8.14.10 PM Large Medium.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 3

Lisa101

It won’t let me update my recipe. There’s only a save button at the bottom which when clicked has a red banner come up saying you can only save 5 recipes

Attachments

• B5B7D194-9736-4DCC-AFD3-D9240E5A3018.png
    B5B7D194-9736-4DCC-AFD3-D9240E5A3018.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 6