Lye spots?

wilkes98

Premium
Hello everyone! Hoping to get a little advice here. I made a couple batches of cold process soap yesterday . Went I went to cut one of the batches today I had these spots in them that were oozing this liquid.. it’s clear. Do they look like lye spots? I’m so confused as a let my soap set and stir frequently to ensure proper emulsification. I don’t know what else it could be? I’ve never seen this before. They are the clear holes towards the top of the bars…😳

Attachments

• IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 7

wilkes98

Premium
OK, thank you for the advice. I don’t know why I have such a difficult time when it comes to mixing my fragrance oil in. I think I’m scared to blend it too much because I don’t want it to trays too quickly. OK I will wait a few days and see if it does absorb.

Gayla

Premium
Does it smell like FO?. Usually my lye heavy soap has white spots throughout soap & gave me a Zap ⚡️ on tongue w/ the zap test.

wilkes98

Premium
Does it smell like FO?. Usually my lye heavy soap has white spots throughout soap & gave me a Zap ⚡️ on tongue w/ the zap test.
No it does t smell like lye and it’s hard to tell if it smells like fo because it’s such a small spot. I’m going to try the zap test.

dmcgee5034

Premium
OK, thank you for the advice. I don’t know why I have such a difficult time when it comes to mixing my fragrance oil in. I think I’m scared to blend it too much because I don’t want it to trays too quickly. OK I will wait a few days and see if it does absorb.
Whisking in your FO instead of stick blending can help with this. You can also gently warm your FO by placing the bottle in some warm water. Both of those things help me slow my trace when adding FO to my soap batter. 😊

wilkes98

Premium
Whisking in your FO instead of stick blending can help with this. You can also gently warm your FO by placing the bottle in some warm water. Both of those things help me slow my trace when adding FO to my soap batter. 😊
I did this app, test and oh my goodness! That was a zap! I guess it’s a lie pocket I don’t know how that happened but it did. Only saw it on two of the bars, but I think I probably should throw the whole batch out.

wilkes98

Premium
I did this app, test and oh my goodness! That was a zap! I guess it’s a lie pocket I don’t know how that happened but it did. Only saw it on two of the bars, but I think I probably should throw the whole batch out.
Great advice thank you. I’ll do that from here on out. I always have FO spots but they disappear second or third day of curing. Sounds much more efficient. Thank you.

wilkes98

Premium
Thank you for the advice I’ve never rebated before so I’ll check out some videos

wilkes98

Premium
I’m wondering if it didn’t emulsify properly because my recipe had 25% shea?