Incorrect Information in Magazine

kcryss

Premium
Please remove or correct the information posted in the Magazine article titled

Cold process VS hot process soap – which is better? A quick guide

The information presented in this article is false and helps to increase the number of people that think hot process soap doesn't need a full cure. It does. The same 4 to 6 week cure time. For additional (and real) information, check the information on ClassicBells or check a few other reliable soap making articles. Soapy Stuff
Even the SMF forum will help with ensuring accurate information.

Cold and Hot Process soaps both need the 4 to 6 week cure time.
Cold and Hol Process soaps are not kept in molds until cured. HP can be unmolded and cut within 10 to 12 hours. CP can be unmolded within 24 to 48 hrs.
Additives are easy to add to HP soap, it's added "after" the soap saponifies. In other words, after the "cook."

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Thanks for your insight. I think in general that the cutting times are wildly different for each of us, depending on ingredients (I cut some CP soaps in just a couple of hours, not 24-48 hours) and I do had some additives before/during the cook in HP, but we will definitely look further into the article and make corrections. Thank you so much.

kcryss

Premium
I agree, cutting times can vary. I've never actually done CP, only HP and I usually cut my soap around 10 hrs after pour.
Information on the science behind curing soap: Curing soap | Soapy Stuff