Hair balm

user1686234380

Hi there i was thinking of making a hair balm/ mask. Ive got the measurements and ingredients down ( opinions and improvements welcome) . Just don't have an idea of how long to leave in before it may become drying or damaging. Please help would really appreciate it.
  • shea butter
  • Cocoa butter
  • coconut oil
  • Jojoba oil
  • Castor oil
  • Argan oil
  • Beeswax
  • Vitamin e
  • Rosemary oil
  • Tee tree

Edelweiss Hill

Really think it would depend on the different hair types for how long it should be left in. As to the ingredients they don't look to be very drying. you can deep dive each ingredient for any safety issues on the MSDS web site, or get a data sheet from your supplier. good luck :)

Mary Brand

Hi there i was thinking of making a hair balm/ mask. Ive got the measurements and ingredients down ( opinions and improvements welcome) . Just don't have an idea of how long to leave in before it may become drying or damaging. Please help would really appreciate it.
  • shea butter
  • Cocoa butter
  • coconut oil
  • Jojoba oil
  • Castor oil
  • Argan oil
  • Beeswax
  • Vitamin e
  • Rosemary oil
  • Tee tree
Hi there! Personally, I wouldn't put beeswax in a hair mask. You are already fulfilling the wax aspect with Jojoba which will coat your hair like silicone and give it that smooth and shiney you're probably looking for without sufficating it. Also, I wouldn't use tea tree oil in a hair mask. IMO it's too strong for a leave-in and better used diluted down in your shampoo, conditioner, or as a rinse on its own. In my experience, hair masks are great when kept simple (2-3 ingredients) and can be left in as little as 45mins to as long as over night. Your list of ingredients makes me think it would work well as a conditioner booster used in VERY small amounts after washing and before conditioning. I have an oil blend I make and use myself in this way and it works fabulously. Let me know what you decide and how it goes. I'm curious to know how it turns out for you. 😊

carolina

Premium
  • shea butter
  • Cocoa butter
  • coconut oil
  • Jojoba oil
  • Castor oil
  • Argan oil
  • Beeswax
  • Vitamin e
  • Rosemary oil
  • Tee tree
Did you put the beeswax because you like the texture? I know it is harder to put on if it is liquid but the wax might prevent some overall absorption.

KrewNoah

• shea butter
  • Cocoa butter
  • coconut oil
  • Jojoba oil
  • Castor oil
  • Argan oil
  • Beeswax
  • Vitamin e
  • Rosemary oil
  • Tee tree
Your hair balm ingredients list looks great! All of those oils are beneficial for hair health. You can leave the balm in for up to an hour if you have dry, damaged hair, or 30 minutes if you have normal or oily hair. Apply it to clean, damp hair, working it in from the ends up. Rinse it out with warm water. You can also use the balm as a leave-in conditioner.

I hope this helps!