Formatting Oddities When Printing Recipes, Batches

brujacoden

Hello,

I've noticed a few odd things that happen when printing PDFs of Recipes and Batches within the site.

When printing recipes, if doing so from the main recipe page, junk text from the "Related Recipes" section tends to appear below the recipe. This doesn't occur when printing from the "edit" page, presumably because there is no related recipe section during editing. The fact that this tends to be appended as a separate page makes it easy to exclude from the document, but I'm not sure if that's just because I try to have recipes take up either one or two full pages by using extra whitespace.
relatedrecipes.PNG
Also visible in that image and highlighted in the following images are the site map, social media widgets and app store widgets. These also appear in batch pages, presumably because they are appended as footer of every page on the site.

With "Print Backgrounds" enabled:

widgets1.PNG
With "Print Backgrounds" disabled:
widgets2.PNG
And for reference, the widgets and footer as they appear on the site currently:
widgets3.PNG

Especially due to the differences (socials widgets, footer) when enabling and disabling "Print Background" functionality, I suspect this isn't working as intended. Please let me know if I'm missing something. In the meantime, it's not too difficult to blank these sections out wholesale with a PDF editor, and I'm sure it doesn't bother normal people at all, just pedants like me.

Last edited: