Edits create a whole new recipe?

meeksoap

Afternoon. Each time i make an edit to a recipe instead of writing over it, it creates a new one? I realize i cannot delete without premium, but my edited recipe as i tweak it and name it exactly the same seemingly shouldnt recreate a whole new recipe with the same name. I decided to tweak the clay in my recipe and after adjutments it just recreated it adding it as an additional recipe, instead of editing the current one. I now have 4 recipes out of my 5 and actually only created the one that I edited 2 or 3 times. Seems like forced monthly subscription, unless i am misunderstanding something?

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Did you press the button Save as?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 06.22.43.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 06.22.43.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 0

meeksoap

When you edit a recipe, it creates a new recipe?
Yes, instead of overwriting it, it recreates it under the same name again and again. Could always be something on my end, just trying to troubleshoot. TIA

meeksoap

I think the issue is that overwriting means a ‘new’ recipe, and trial members are limited to 5. Let me dig around a bit.
Thanks so much. I can see that if it were used that way in overabusing the 5 limit that way, but its a bummer when it has only been an amount of additive or something added/changed to lose the whole recipe slot.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
So far in my testing, I can change additives, and oils to edit the recipe is fine.

But clicking ‘save as’ and renaming creates a new recipe. ‘Save’ does not, as it saves the changes.

If you are giving a recipe a new name and keeping the old ones as a result, you are creating a new recipe.