can't save

Soaplife84

Premium
yesterday I was asked to give my credit card info in regards to my account...I did that and today I got a text stating it was refunded....my recipe has been messed up and the lye and liquid are the same...when I go in to change it it allow me to but then it won't actually save it....I wrote down my numbers and Made 20 lbs of soap and now I think it's lye heavy b/c I don't know how accurate my info was...how can we get my account corrected? Thanks!

Amber

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
yesterday I was asked to give my credit card info in regards to my account...I did that and today I got a text stating it was refunded....my recipe has been messed up and the lye and liquid are the same...when I go in to change it it allow me to but then it won't actually save it....I wrote down my numbers and Made 20 lbs of soap and now I think it's lye heavy b/c I don't know how accurate my info was...how can we get my account corrected? Thanks!

Amber

Which recipe are you having issues with? I will look into it. A name of the soap or a link would be great so that we can ensure it's correct.

The refund came as we found that our credit card processor may have double charged and wanted to make it right for all of our users if that was the case. You should be all set with your Premium Membership now.

Soaplife84

Premium
Which recipe are you having issues with? I will look into it. A name of the soap or a link would be great so that we can ensure it's correct.

The refund came as we found that our credit card processor may have double charged and wanted to make it right for all of our users if that was the case. You should be all set with your Premium Membership now.
It appears to be ok today! However the day I made soap it wasn’t correct…and bc of that I have 20lbs of lye heavy soap that I have to throw away, that’s about $150 worth of product out of my pocket. That’s a lot of money and wasted time, definitely a little irritated especially bc now I’m required to pay for this site.
I will hope that doesn’t happen again and if it does I will be forced to use a different platform for my recipes.

Thanks for the quick response

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
It appears to be ok today! However the day I made soap it wasn’t correct…and bc of that I have 20lbs of lye heavy soap that I have to throw away, that’s about $150 worth of product out of my pocket. That’s a lot of money and wasted time, definitely a little irritated especially bc now I’m required to pay for this site.
I will hope that doesn’t happen again and if it does I will be forced to use a different platform for my recipes.

Thanks for the quick response

Oh, no- how was the lye incorrect? We need to take a look at the recipe and report any bugs/issues to the developer.

We haven’t had any issues with incorrect amounts of lye or lye heavy issues reported, so we need to dig into this right away if this is happening.

Soaplife84

Premium
Oh, no- how was the lye incorrect? We need to take a look at the recipe and report any bugs/issues to the developer.

We haven’t had any issues with incorrect amounts of lye or lye heavy issues reported, so we need to dig into this right away if this is happening.
It wasn’t saving or adjusting numbers I plugged in and the lye and liquid kept resetting back to 1:1 every time, makes me really nervous to make anymore

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
It wasn’t saving or adjusting numbers I plugged in and the lye and liquid kept resetting back to 1:1 every time, makes me really nervous to make anymore

I understand - but the lye is correct it’s just that the water lowered to 1:1 instead of 1.7:1. So the lye concentration is heavier, but it won’t affect the soap at all. If the lye is wrong, that IS a problem. But I can’t find anything saying that the lye amount is incorrect at all. If that is the case, we definitely need to fix any issue like that so please let me know if you’re finding that to be the case.

We’ve corrected the ratio and it now allows decimals, so this wont happen in the future.

Latest posts