Batch size in new batches only takes oil into account

slipperybusiness

Hi there, i'm trying to create a new batch from an existing recipe. However, I realised that the batch size only includes the weight of the base oils, instead of the liquid.

For instance, for 1kg batch size, it showed me the following:
1680319807976.png1680319964118.png

My original recipe was at a 720g batch size and contained liquid:
1680319914711.png

hollyhockholler

I'm trying to make a batch and I'm having a similar issue. Did you figure yours out?

I wanted to batch the recipe as is, but all of my oil weights are completely wrong, meaning my costs are all wrong too. Weirdly the water and lye weights are still correct. Idk what I'm doing wrong

Edit: I'm also putting my portion/bar sizes in as ounces, but when I hit save it puts them as grams. I'm so confused.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
I'm trying to make a batch and I'm having a similar issue. Did you figure yours out?

I wanted to batch the recipe as is, but all of my oil weights are completely wrong, meaning my costs are all wrong too. Weirdly the water and lye weights are still correct. Idk what I'm doing wrong

Edit: I'm also putting my portion/bar sizes in as ounces, but when I hit save it puts them as grams. I'm so confused.

Can you tell me in which recipe this is happening? I will into it.

hollyhockholler

Can you tell me in which recipe this is happening? I will into it.
@Yooper I just tried to make a batch with your "Easy 3- Oil First Soap" recipe, "as per recipe" and for example, it is telling me I'm using up 21.34oz of lard, 7.11oz of coconut oil, and 7.11oz of olive oil compared to the 15/5/5oz in the recipe. It's saying 3.52oz of lye & 7.05oz water, which is the same as the recipe.

I must be clicking some random box wrong, right?

slipperybusiness

Hi, i just tried using my formula again and now it works fine (i.e Water or Liquid has been scaled accordingly)

Alecia1973

Same issue here, when I go to start a batch my lye and water amounts are correct, but the oils are completely off. I'll be going back to soapcalc.

ppavlidis

Premium
Hi, Seems that fragrances are not rescaled when I start a batch from a recipe. Can you pls check this? @Alan

ppavlidis

Premium
Hi Alan, my though was to have all my recipes with 1 kg of oils and when I start a batch then I can rescale, for example 200% for double the recipe. Or how do you think I should use the batch function? I tried just now a recipe called 1 kg batch test @Alan
can you find it?

Else I need to rewrite the recipe each time for different amounts. Or how should I solve this issue?

Also I cant see the fragrances at all when I print the batch.

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Hi Alan, my though was to have all my recipes with 1 kg of oils and when I start a batch then I can rescale, for example 200% for double the recipe. Or how do you think I should use the batch function? I tried just now a recipe called 1 kg batch test @Alan
can you find it?

Else I need to rewrite the recipe each time for different amounts. Or how should I solve this issue?

Also I cant see the fragrances at all when I print the batch.
Resize batch it work well. Do you still have issue? Fragrances is not listed in batch yet. We're working on it.

ppavlidis

Premium
Resize batch it work well. Do you still have issue? Fragrances is not listed in batch yet. We're working on it.
Thanks Alan for the quick response, hope you can list the Fragrances soon in the batch, it will help us a lot!

Hi, In the meantime is it possible to add a sum of total oils? So I can calculate the amount in grams of fragrances / Essential oils on the calculator on the side. I need that as it is a percentage of oils in recipe.
Thanks
@Alan

Last edited:

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Thanks Alan for the quick response, hope you can list the Fragrances soon in the batch, it will help us a lot!

Hi, In the meantime is it possible to add a sum of total oils? So I can calculate the amount in grams of fragrances / Essential oils on the calculator on the side. I need that as it is a percentage of oils in recipe.
Thanks
@Alan
We support Fragrance in batch now.