Additives: editing quantities

kimberlyk202100

Premium
I started a batch today and tried to change the coffee grounds to half a gram but it will not let me change anything. The calculator buffers like it's going to let me edit but its not happening.

I know I could change original but since I paid for the yearly membership fee, I thought I need to start using this properly. Can you help?

kimberlyk202100

Premium
I want to accurately show that after having all ingredients preweighed, I noticed the amount of coffee grounds was too high for a 6oz bar of soap.

I made this reduction at trace. The original was 1 gram of coffee grounds, but the finished product will only have 0.50 grams.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
When you edit a recipe, it's not the same recipe as in the 'batch' unless you use the resize tool. When you make a change after the batch is created, it's no longer the same batch if that makes sense. So in cases like this, you can create a new recipe or just make a note on the current batch.

kimberlyk202100

Premium
Yes, it makes sense. What is the editing for in this? I was just going to change original because it would be a different recipe....but I noticed the editing feature. Just curious?