Ability to clone a batch

aussazim

Premium
Hi there
It would be great to clone an existing batch. And then edit as needed. Then clone that batch again etc.Any chances of this please?
Cheers
Angie

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Yes, you could do that. Go into your recipe, and click ‘edit’ and ‘copy’ and then save if you’d like after editing it. You’ll have to rename it, for example I have Dinosaurs! and Dinosaurs2, to differentiate them.

aussazim

Premium
Do you mean I can go into a created batch (not master recipe) and clone the batch?

aussazim

Premium
Do you mean I can go into a created batch (not master recipe) and clone the batch?

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
You can start that way- but changing the batch ingredients does mean changing the recipe so you’d have to copy, change the recipe, save and hit ‘batch’ unless you wanted to hand write the changes in a printed form. If you change the recipe, it’s a new recipe if that makes sense.

aussazim

Premium
Yes, i know what you mean. So for me, it’s more about inheriting the little tweaks of a particular batch to another batch but means of cloning, and then just changing the name and FO etc, add new photos etc.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Yes, i know what you mean. So for me, it’s more about inheriting the little tweaks of a particular batch to another batch but means of cloning, and then just changing the name and FO etc, add new photos etc.

I understand. But aside from resizing, the ‘batch’ feature is really for creating the batch and not tweaking any recipes so any changes are not part of the same batch, if that makes sense.

aussazim

Premium
So what if Batch 1 really worked nicely (including batch-specific additives like FO, micas colour used, etc), and I want to recreate that batch but safe as Batch 2, so I have to write down all my notes about that batch on a piece of paper, start a new batch and then put all those things back in? :(

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
So what if Batch 1 really worked nicely (including batch-specific additives like FO, micas colour used, etc), and I want to recreate that batch but safe as Batch 2, so I have to write down all my notes about that batch on a piece of paper, start a new batch and then put all those things back in? :(
Not at all. If you keep the recipe the same, you can just simply make a new batch. Here is an example of a screenshot of several batches. I have the same recipe. You can just give them new batch numbers if you’d like, or don’t even have to do that. IMG_6002.png

aussazim

Premium
OK I am not relaying this clearly :)
"If you keep the recipe the same, you can just simply make a new batch." Yes, this this is standard functionality. Now, I want to make a repeat BATCH (clone a batch with all its FOs and additives etc)- not create a new batch of the RECIPE cos then I have to keep referring to what I did in the previous batch with all the additives, FO etc. I want to copy a batch that was previously made. Is this clearer?

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
The batches are listed in ‘my batch’ but you don’t want to do that? So you can just keep using the same ‘batch’ if you want. The new batch is what removes items from inventory, etc, so you would have to start a new batch if you want to want to use those features. Otherwise, you can do the same batch over and over of course.

As I showed in my screenshots, I make the same exact batch a couple of times, but since I was creating it and removing from inventory and for record keeping with dates, I can give it a new code, like 001 and then 002. If you want to change dates, use inventory deductions, age for future dates, etc, a new batch must be created.

aussazim

Premium
I am working outside of an inventory atm so yes, I can see the complexity of my request to clone multiples of a batch but with different codes, names, FOs and ready dates - without pulling new batches from the master recipe. I will just have to keep multiple batch notes in the one batch of dates FOs used, colours etc. I may find a better way to work this but for now, this is ok. Thanks.

aussazim

Premium
I have just go onto the web app and see I can copy a batch. However, on saving, it is saying the below. What does this mean?1699328161362.png

aussazim

Premium
I still cannot clone a batch on my phone. iOS 16.7.2
I’ll try on the web this weekend.