Purchase Type

KNSoap

Premium
Is there a way to put “other” as the type rather than only base oil, additive, lye/water, or packaging? I have things I purchase that do not fit into these 4 categories. Or is there a way we can create our own categories?

Thank you!
Josie

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
We’ve talked about this in the past, and I can’t remember why it was set up the way it was, but I’ll bring it up again. Can you tell me the type of purchases that you have that wouldn’t fit into those categories, and what would work? That will help us decide on what to add as options. Thanks so much!

KNSoap

Premium
Well, our shop is a Mercantile and we have other things we make than just soap. We make leather goods, freeze dried candy, and candles as well. For candles, it would be nice to be able to have a “wax” category. For the leather and freeze dried candy, just an “other” category would work great since they also do not fit within the existing categories. Additionally, for things like body butter, as I make an emulsified body butter, it’d be nice if the lye and water categories were their own categories rather than “lye/water”. For shampoo and conditioner, categories that would be nice to have are ”surfactant”, “humectant”, “preservative”, “emulsifier”, “emollient”, and “protein” instead of just “additive”. These are just a few ideas that would make it helpful for some of us. Or even if we could add our own categories, that would be even better!

Thank you for the quick response!!

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Well, our shop is a Mercantile and we have other things we make than just soap. We make leather goods, freeze dried candy, and candles as well. For candles, it would be nice to be able to have a “wax” category. For the leather and freeze dried candy, just an “other” category would work great since they also do not fit within the existing categories. Additionally, for things like body butter, as I make an emulsified body butter, it’d be nice if the lye and water categories were their own categories rather than “lye/water”. For shampoo and conditioner, categories that would be nice to have are ”surfactant”, “humectant”, “preservative”, “emulsifier”, “emollient”, and “protein” instead of just “additive”. These are just a few ideas that would make it helpful for some of us. Or even if we could add our own categories, that would be even better!

Thank you for the quick response!!

We’ll discuss this- thanks so much for you input. I can see separating lye and water/liquids, but not sure how we’d incorporate things not in our recipe builder; that would be up to the developers.