My lye in the eye freakout

1sadmomma

Premium
So I was piping roses on top of my latest batch when suddenly I felt the familiar tingle of a lye burn about to happen...right at the corner of my eye. It wasn't actually in my eye but nonetheless, I dropped everything and hopped in the shower, clothes and all, and started flushing my eye like crazy. Foty five minutes later, I'm trying to figure out how it happened. I never, never touch my face while soaping and all my soap was either fully set or piping consistency. I was well past the accidentally splashed phase and there wasn't even a drop anywhere but in the mold or in the piping bag. I'm wondering if I imagined the tingling. I honestly don't know what to think. Anyone else experience something like this?

brujacoden

Premium
The magic of small crystals is that they're light enough to be sent flying with tiny amounts of force, like ever run your hand across a soft surface (say, a couch) with salt or sugar on it? Some of the smaller pieces go a long, long way. It's possible this happened much earlier and it ended up stuck in your hair, eyebrows, eyelashes and dropped out onto your skin long after it was kicked up.