INCI output

joko

Premium
I would love it if the app could generate a list of INCI names according to the descending quantity from most to little (as required by the nomenclature) and also including water and lye or other liquids on the same list.

Also, I would like if the INCI of any type of coconut oil would be Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil

Thank you

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Yes, coconut oil is cocos nucifera- while fractionated coconut oil is caprylic/capric triglyceride from what I understand. I have never purchased or used fractionated coconut oil so I"m not 100% sure on that.

I'll put in a ticket for adding all of the ingredients in descending order- thanks for the suggestion!

brujacoden

One way to achieve this currently is to simply order your oils, then your additives (providing no additive is present in higher quantities than your least prevalent oil) within your recipe editor in descending order of prevalence. Then, check the "INCI Names" box. Of course this doesn't work for your lye mixture, but it's a good start and may help out with especially complex products.

soapmakingfriendinciexample.PNG
(my custom additives are given INCIs in all-caps as is my preferred style)

I know various regions require ordering either by weight or volume, or dealer's choice - maybe a selector for that could also be implemented.

Alan

Administrator
Premium
One way to achieve this currently is to simply order your oils, then your additives (providing no additive is present in higher quantities than your least prevalent oil) within your recipe editor in descending order of prevalence. Then, check the "INCI Names" box. Of course this doesn't work for your lye mixture, but it's a good start and may help out with especially complex products.

View attachment 6883
(my custom additives are given INCIs in all-caps as is my preferred style)

I know various regions require ordering either by weight or volume, or dealer's choice - maybe a selector for that could also be implemented.
So in this box you want to a sort function? @joko

joko

Premium
That would be nice if the system could sort it according to the total quantity descending. Of course I know I can do it manually as well.

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Now you can sort ingredients @joko

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 08.59.48.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 08.59.48.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 1

joko

Premium
It is excellent feature. Thank you very much for the response :)
Would that be possible that the system also reads the liquids on the list? Lye, water etc. as it goes into the pot.

Alan

Administrator
Premium
It is excellent feature. Thank you very much for the response :)
Would that be possible that the system also reads the liquids on the list? Lye, water etc. as it goes into the pot.
Yes. We're working on liquids feature and will release it soon.