How do you record water replacement in recipe?

carynped

Premium
I used guinness to replace the water with the lye - how do you record that? Any help appreciated :)

ChrissieM

Premium
I used guinness to replace the water with the lye - how do you record that? Any help appreciated :)
Hi
I use my partner's home brewed beer. I just replace water with beer 1:1. I use master batch lye 1:1 water = lye or 50% concentration. So any beer used is equal to the additional water or liquid requirement (outside of master batch lye). The same if I use any other form of liquid (aloe vera liquid, etc) not being accounted for as super fat after cook (HP method). This is 4 years late reply haha ... am sure you have resolved the problem.

carynped

Premium
Hi
I use my partner's home brewed beer. I just replace water with beer 1:1. I use master batch lye 1:1 water = lye or 50% concentration. So any beer used is equal to the additional water or liquid requirement (outside of master batch lye). The same if I use any other form of liquid (aloe vera liquid, etc) not being accounted for as super fat after cook (HP method). This is 4 years late reply haha ... am sure you have resolved the problem.
you can definitely state 'locally sourced brewed beer' - thank you for your help :)