Confused about the Custom Liquids and using Liquid Discount

Soapbayz

Premium
Hi there,

I want to use cream or mascopone as apart of my liquid for my soap but when I click "Liquid Discount" after adding Cream to Custom liquids the calculator just add to water required "Excluding Cream" but the amount of water added doesn't change, so do I add the amounts shown or do I subtract the amount of cream from the water required?

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Are you using one of our apps or the site version? For me, when I choose 100% of the liquid replacement, in this case seawater, the water added is 0.
IMG_3726.png

In this case, I use beer for 50% of my liquid. If you see the first photo, my water amount is 7.05 ounces. But once I had the beer at 50%, that changes.. Here water is 7.05 ounces.
IMG_3727.png
After adding the beer, the water is 3.52 ounces and the beer is 3.52 ounces.
IMG_3728.jpeg

But that isn’t with a liquid discount of course, that is replacing part of the water (the liquid) with beer at 50%

So if you are doing a liquid discount, it means less water, not addition to, if that makes sense.
In this case, I’m adding 3 ounces of beer instead of replacing the water, so it adds those 3 ounces to my total, giving me 4.05 ounces of liquid PLUS my 3 ounces of beer for a total of 7.05 ounces.:
IMG_3730.jpeg

The liquid discount works a bit different. When you slide to ‘liquid discount’, are you seeing the calculator results including your marscapone as the liquid?