Coconut oil soap

toto

Premium
I made coconut oil soap and coconut and olive oil soaps for years and never had a problem. Lately, I have been having major issues with this soap. It's always partial gel, kind of transparent in the middle, I put it outside last night as it is quite cold, so hopefully it will not go through the gel phase; but the soap actually cracked at the top. This has never happened to me before. id tried many batches, extremely frustrated. before, it was so easy, just plain white soap. anyone can help? thanks

kandra

Did anything change?
Supplier? Soaping temperature? Additives? Water amount? Size of mold?

Your soap is going through a gel phase. Coconut oil soaps always run hot.

Here’s more info on gel phase:

And let me know if something did change in your supplies or process. ☺️

toto

Premium
Nothing changes; the soaping temperature remains the same, no additives, and the water remains at 2.5. I'd been making this for years; it was only this winter. I used to put them out so. it will not be too hot, and it works every time. One time I was just too frustrated and put it in the oven and forced it through gel phrase, and it turned a creamy white, really nice, but I don't want to do it again; I think it is quite risky. same supplier, don't know if they changed their supplier, lol. What kills me is that everything remains the same. thanks for your reply. I'd move my studio and its warmer and more sun.