ACCELERATED TRACE

Sole

Hi there! I hope you are very well, I am Sole from Argentina I am starting in soap and I have this formula that I would like to share and tell you what happened to me, when beating to reach the trace, everything is perfect, mix the bleach with the oils at 40 ° C after a few seconds the mixture was completely granulated and it was liquid without joining similar to ricotta cheese, can someone explain to me what could have happened? I appreciate the support

Attachments

• Soapmaking Recipe MANGO X 1 KG.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 8

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
That sounds like "ricing", when the soap looks like rice.

The recipe wouldn't open for me. Did you use some fragrance oils? And I assume you mean "lye" instead of bleach here, but to be clear you had lye dissolved in water and added that to the oils and this happened?

Sole

Hi there! sorry for my english, and I thank you for your answer.
I want to say lye instead of bleach. I dissolve the hydroxide in water and let the temperature drop to 40 ° C, the oils are at the same temperature, I beat with an electric mixer and then I add the colorants and the fragrance, at this point it becomes rice and remains liquid without emulsifying, it can be a false trace?

Sole

Thanks for your reply, is there any way to avoid ricing? lowering the temperature of the trace and then adding the fragrance? If I mold it, how would the soap turn out?

kitten

Hi there! I hope you are very well, I am Sole from Argentina I am starting in soap and I have this formula that I would like to share and tell you what happened to me, when beating to reach the trace, everything is perfect, mix the bleach with the oils at 40 ° C after a few seconds the mixture was completely granulated and it was liquid without joining similar to ricotta cheese, can someone explain to me what could have happened? I appreciate the support
Hi there, I was just looking at your recipe and noted the high Saturated : Unsaturated ratio. My recollection is that your Saturated (which are your hard fats/oils) should not exceed 50%. I believe that would be part of your problem. You should adjust your recipe so that your saturated remains under 50%.