Will these soap recipes I created work for their intended use?

lorinda

Hello there!
I am new to the community and I am loving the information and lye calculator and recipe builder. I made soaps in 1998 and I'm back at it. Some things have definitely changed like molds are mostly all silicone and recommendations for glass as viable mixing containers are no longer a thing and the internet is in full swing lol. I am here because I have my old books out plus the internet and this site for creating my recipes but I am not sure if I am making recipes properly. I have made 3 recipes and have created two of them so far. The next one I want to make is the charcoal shampoo bar recipe. Does anyone have the excitement to look at my recipes and let me know if they will work for the use intended? or if I'm on the right track? I tried to create a facial bar recipe (already made this afternoon) but now I'm wondering if too much 'cleansing' is a bad thing. I thought it would work considering I had so much shae butter and argan oil. Also, how can I tell by using the bars that they will be good at conditioning or any of the other properties? Is it bad to have too many bubbles? The body bar I created seems to be decently balanced on the chart though I'm not convinced the "vanilla booster" fragrance I added will survive, I read later that adding vanilla to the clay first will help preserve the fragrance. I've also read that I may be using too much shae butter in the recipes; I wanted to have a very conditioning bar which is why I chose it but is it wrong? One more thing... if the soap traces fast, will this change the saponification? What exactly is gelling... is that saponification? Thank you!

Charcoal Shampoo Bar

Cucumber Tea Tree Facial Bar

Pink Kaolin & Oatmeal Body Bar

SavonP

I’m new here, so I can’t reisble advice. You would get good feedback if you go on the main forum ( soap making forum ) and ask for advice there under Beginner.

lorinda

thank you so much, I'll go over there and see if anyone can help :). It is posted there now so thank you for suggesting it. I didn't realize there was another site!

gabrealius

Please how can I get the other site because this is the only site I know. I'm also a newbie