What is new this week?

KitiKatz

I have been Soaping for over a year now and have found it to be a great stress reliever. I make both soap and shampoo bars, as well as a lovely hand lotion bar. My daughter is the liquid soap, and body butter mixer. I am gearing up for a Holiday Bazaar in November. There is quite a market for "Un-junked" personal care items in my area.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
That sounds great! I've been making soaps/lotions/salves/lip balms/etc for many years. I sometimes think no one really appreciates it in my family except for me.

About a year ago, we stayed in cheap-ish motels during a long road trip, and my husband mentioned that the soap "feels like it's taking the oil right out of my skin". Since then, he's much more appreciative of our excellent handmade soaps and shampoos!

My daughter told me recently that her partner was out of charcoal soap. He didn't want to ask me for more, so he had her ask me.

I guess once you use quality products, you get used to having it around and miss it when it's gone!

KitiKatz

That sounds great! I've been making soaps/lotions/salves/lip balms/etc for many years. I sometimes think no one really appreciates it in my family except for me.

About a year ago, we stayed in cheap-ish motels during a long road trip, and my husband mentioned that the soap "feels like it's taking the oil right out of my skin". Since then, he's much more appreciative of our excellent handmade soaps and shampoos!

My daughter told me recently that her partner was out of charcoal soap. He didn't want to ask me for more, so he had her ask me.

I guess once you use quality products, you get used to having it around and miss it when it's gone!

Yes, we can spoil people for the finer things, then they try out a Commercial soap and go "ick!". I had a lady try my lotion bar, she told me she didn't like the one a vendor was selling. I told her I go light on the scent. She loved it and bought my tin from me!

Bubbles

Yes, we can spoil people for the finer things, then they try out a Commercial soap and go "ick!". I had a lady try my lotion bar, she told me she didn't like the one a vendor was selling. I told her I go light on the scent. She loved it and bought my tin from me!
Definitely, my family is so spoiled that they expect free soaps and lotions, however, I have stopped giving freebies to them.

KitiKatz

Definitely, my family is so spoiled that they expect free soaps and lotions, however, I have stopped giving freebies to them.

I do freebies to family only, or if I am testing a scent, oil combination.