Suggestion

EyeDocSoaper

I would love to be able to keep track of all of my "DIY" formulations in one place. Because I don't sell, I don't need (nor do I want to purchase) an inventory system. I would love to be able to store my deodorant, body butter, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, etc., formulas in one place. I really like how you have it that I can save formulas and keep track of batches, too. Maybe a separate tab (page) with drop downs for the other ingredients (butters, surfactants, oils, etc) with a space for notes and link it to your batching system? Thanks!

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
You don’t want to use the inventory tab that we already have? You can do custom entries there if you want. I’m trying to picture what you’d like to see differently, and see if we could come up with something.

How would you do it differently than what we have? We are always looking for ways to improve our software!
7E8F1D25-9957-4EB8-9A62-9DDB78187AFA.jpeg

EyeDocSoaper

I guess I didn't really phrase my question properly. I am not looking for inventory software (what you have works very well, thank you). I am looking for a repository for my non-soap formulations. I would like to be able to create, save, and "batch" deodorant, body butter, lotion, shampoo, etc, formulas. Essentially I want to be able to do with my non-soap formulas what I can do here with my soap formulas.

kcryss

Premium
I agree! Would love to do that as well. Currently I keep everything in Excel, but would be really nice to do it in an online database. I would even be willing to pay. Or maybe some of the soap suppliers could get together and sponsor the site/maintenance. :)

Trudybee

Hello! I have a similar request so I did not want to create a thread. @Yooper I think my view point on how this might work is by adding a an additional "new recipe" tab that does not include to lye / soap calculator. And we can add ingredients and amounts for reach recipe, then we can create a batch and continue to use the functionality of the site. I agree with @EyeDocSoaper and @kcryss the site is amazing and happy you all decided to add the paid subscription, however I make other products and could not track inventory, batch and cost all in one area.

Last edited: