Software does not add up the total weight of fats/oils properly

lindywine

Please look at my Watermelon recipe. If you look at the fats/oils list, you will see that according to the amounts the software said I needed should total up to 500g. Yet the bottom line (total fat/oil weight) is 1535 g. Due to some physical limitations, I have to enlist the help of my husband. Fortunately for me, he is a research scientist. I should have had him go through the entire recipe before we started measuring and pouring. He could tell that didn't have nearly enough liquid/lye sol'n. But, I was in somewhat of a rush as I have a show coming up soon and needed some time for the soap to cure. Hastes DOES make waste. It's a good thing my recipes are currently private. I want them to be perfect before I put my name on them to share.

If I made a mistake somewhere please let me know.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Please look at my Watermelon recipe. If you look at the fats/oils list, you will see that according to the amounts the software said I needed should total up to 500g. Yet the bottom line (total fat/oil weight) is 1535 g. Due to some physical limitations, I have to enlist the help of my husband. Fortunately for me, he is a research scientist. I should have had him go through the entire recipe before we started measuring and pouring. He could tell that didn't have nearly enough liquid/lye sol'n. But, I was in somewhat of a rush as I have a show coming up soon and needed some time for the soap to cure. Hastes DOES make waste. It's a good thing my recipes are currently private. I want them to be perfect before I put my name on them to share.

If I made a mistake somewhere please let me know.

I’ll take a look right now.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Weirdly, when I looked at your recipe, ‘grams’ was checked but not the amount of grams. And correct- they did NOT total. I clicked the percentage and grams amount, and put in 500 and it stuck. Very odd, but it looks ok now and I’ll put in a ticket for this odd behavior so the developers can get it sorted.