Slow moving swirl recipe

Shanice

I want to try a simple swirl recipe but I don't want to incorporate to many oils. I was playing around with these need some advise and feedback. I use soy in place of olive oil because it's very high priced where I am.

Soybean oil 30%
Palm oil 33%
Coconut oil 30%
Mango butter 4%
Castor oil 3%

Or....
Soybean 25%
Palm oil 30%
Coconut 25%
Grapeseed 5%
Safflower 10%
Cocoa butter 5%

JoeyJ

5 Tips for Swirling Cold Process Soap - Soap Queen

This page has a really great amount of information in a short space. For myself, no amount of Soaping Calculator can replicate real life chemistry...and time improves any bar of soap! Lots of trial, lots of "what went wrong?" but mainly go easy on the colourants, and start with less complicated patterns. Try to resist the impulse to rush the cure, you'll thank your future self!

Shanice

5 Tips for Swirling Cold Process Soap - Soap Queen

This page has a really great amount of information in a short space. For myself, no amount of Soaping Calculator can replicate real life chemistry...and time improves any bar of soap! Lots of trial, lots of "what went wrong?" but mainly go easy on the colourants, and start with less complicated patterns. Try to resist the impulse to rush the cure, you'll thank your future self!
[

Ravenscents

I have a really slow moving recipe, I usually have to wait for it to set up a bit before I can swirl.
40% lard, 35% OO, 15% CO 10% Grapeseed OIl, Table Salt at lye, and 7%SF. I bring it to light trace and let it sit a couple of minutes (sometimes more than a couple) to come to a trace I desire. (I have learned not to mix to trace, but to let the soap rest to trace). I always soap somewhere around 85-90 degrees.

TD, Micas and AC will speed the trace so if you are working with them, be ready

Good luck