"Save as new recipe" option

Johnez

Premium
I'm fairly certain there used to be a "Save as New Recipe" option when editing an existing recipe. I've used this option in the past to create variations of recipes based on the same ingredients but in different ratios. It used to be a time saver because I didn't have to go back and forth to get all the ingredients manually inputted. Would really appreciate this option as it was one of my favorites.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
I'm fairly certain there used to be a "Save as New Recipe" option when editing an existing recipe. I've used this option in the past to create variations of recipes based on the same ingredients but in different ratios. It used to be a time saver because I didn't have to go back and forth to get all the ingredients manually inputted. Would really appreciate this option as it was one of my favorites.

You have that option! I have been using it. It works great. It says “save as….” not “save as new recipe” but it is the same feature.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Thanks! I just tested it and it worked. When the option says "Save as" I was afraid it would write over my old recipe.

Nope! But I understand the fear for sure You can rename it, instead of the clever default of “my soap- copy” that I had on mine!

If you know you are playing with a recipe, you can also click “copy” and copy that recipe and save it after, so you don’t accidentally screw it up. It’s not happened that I know of, but I’m liable to be the first. :)