Lye heavy suspect

niurkav1

Hello there soaper.. I need help I made a soap the en of January the soap was ready to use feb 26 or something like that, 2 the soap looks good, smells wonderful, didn’t give me any trouble when making it. That being said I know that a 25% coconut oil it’s to hard for my skin I lower the amount to 20%... know 2 weeks ago I decided to try the soap, it lather well, the fragrance come wonderful when it get in contact with water. Know my problem is that the soap itches while I’m using it, and is worse out of the shower I put lotion and the itching goes away. At night when I take my shower I use another soap bar same ingredients no fragrance oil, this one doesn’t itch at all.... could the first bar be lye heavy? Seen I’m not having the same reaction to the other soap? I did the zap test and I could taste it soap I don’t know what else to think.

Vicky1225

Hi, im new in soap making, if the second soap you used is the same ingredient but it doesn't have fragrance in it i think you are sensitive to the fragrance you used