i am a bit confused

subham

after i took out my soap from mould after 24 hours it looks oily in surface and its not so hard. can anyone tell me why is this happening?

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Thanks! Everything looks good recipe wise (I was wondering if there were too many soft oils, or too little lye).
Two things come to my mind now- and they involve trace. Since palm oil is solid at room temperature, if the temperature that you were soaping at was cool, you could have had a 'false trace'. Or maybe you never reached a nice trace(?) Are you 100% sure you were at trace? Did you pour at a thin or medium trace? Any details can help us. You've definitely got some weeping soft oils there.

subham

Yeah it was little runny. But i was mixing it for very long time. And the solution was hotter than room temperature coz i had to melt the palm oil.

subham

Is it fine if the lye water mixture and oil had different temperatures?

subham

I now am starting to doubt myself. Was there trace or not. I thik there wasn't trace

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
That's my thought. I usually pour at a medium trace, to ensure it's not a false trace or that it isn't really trace after all. I use an immersion blender (stick blender) for most of my soaping because once when I didn't, I stirred for over an hour before getting trace.

subham

I did use a stick blender. And i mixed it preety long. I have to make another batch. Lets see

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
If you're not sure, you could try rebatching. See if this one comes together, and if not, rebatch it. It looks like a scrubby gardener's soap with the herbs in there? Is that what it is? (it's hard to tell from the photo).

Daniface24

try cold process in a small quantity take 3 cup of lye and 5cup of pko and see it will give you good result, then you can now convert it to gm, or you can still look for any oil type u have in your country