How to become tester for Soapmaking Friend app

SMF

Administrator
Hello everyone,

Today I released version 1.0.2, you can download it from Testflight (iOS users) and Google PlayStore (Android users). These is changes in this version:
  1. Fixed cannot download QR image in recipe
  2. Improvement flow to create ingredients in builder
  3. Improvement creating and saving recipes
  4. Improvement creating and saving batches

Obsidian

Deleting recipes is a feature for Premium supporters.
Well, that ends my use of the app and the calc altogther. I should have control over a recipe I created and saved to my account without having to pay it.
Feels kinda sleazy really

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Well, that ends my use of the app and the calc altogther. I should have control over a recipe I created and saved to my account without having to pay it.
Feels kinda sleazy really

You can control it, edit it, whatever but not delete. The reason is that there is a limit of 5 free recipes for non-supporters. So if everyone could just print and then delete, it wouldn't be fair to those who pay to use the software and all of the features.

Artemis

You can control it, edit it, whatever but not delete. The reason is that there is a limit of 5 free recipes for non-supporters. So if everyone could just print and then delete, it wouldn't be fair to those who pay to use the software and all of the features.
Seems like the same thing, to me. I don't see the difference, except a little hassle to the user. I don't know who would constantly add and delete their recipes to get around the limit. That would mean recreating your "extra" recipes every time you want to use them. If I get into a recipe, change everything about it and save, it's just like I've deleted a replaced one.

Artemis

Back on the topic of the app itself.

So far, it's looking like it will be a direct recreation of the calc I access through a browser on my phone. If that's the goal, I think you are making great progress!

Can I ask what benefit there will be to having the app verses accessing the calculator through a browser?

PinkPaws

Premium
I had a little time and thought I’d try a few things.
1. I can’t login. This is on iPhone. It’s telling me to refresh the page but I don’t see how to refresh. I can still go to the builder tab and select Load Recipes and it only shows mine.

2. The eyes aren’t what they used to be and I have my font on my phone set to be larger. I’m not sure how well you can control it but some of the letters get cut off. I realize it’s doing what I’m telling it to do (have a larger font) but it’s also cutting it off. Is there a way to make it so that’s it’s still all there while following the larger font rule? I would be okay with the header being smaller if it means I see all the text. See the top of the second screenshot

Attachments

• 9BF8FAAB-9622-4DEF-9D4B-BEEF1C562121.png
    9BF8FAAB-9622-4DEF-9D4B-BEEF1C562121.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 1E0523F1-0B3B-44F1-A71E-3D5B5CF7EE92.png
    1E0523F1-0B3B-44F1-A71E-3D5B5CF7EE92.png
    148 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: SMF

SMF

Administrator
I had a little time and thought I’d try a few things.
1. I can’t login. This is on iPhone. It’s telling me to refresh the page but I don’t see how to refresh. I can still go to the builder tab and select Load Recipes and it only shows mine.

2. The eyes aren’t what they used to be and I have my font on my phone set to be larger. I’m not sure how well you can control it but some of the letters get cut off. I realize it’s doing what I’m telling it to do (have a larger font) but it’s also cutting it off. Is there a way to make it so that’s it’s still all there while following the larger font rule? I would be okay with the header being smaller if it means I see all the text. See the top of the second screenshot
Can you check with login again?

WhittanyWho

Premium
iOS user:
Logging in, saving, and deleting all seem to be fine. They're updating as I'm checking it on my computer. It looks really similar to the desktop version.
I know it wasn't mentioned in the update, but I still don't see a way to print. I also cannot access my favorites album when uploading a photo, but the photos aren't saving to the recipe through the app either.

WhittanyWho

Premium
We should never use less water than lye when mixing the lye solution. Is there a way to provide that as a warning or not allow the calculator to do this? This isn't specific for the app, but I was playing around with adding custom additives in the app, and it allowed me to select an option to replace some of the liquid. I created a custom additive successfully, but I also made a recipe for which the lye may not dissolve properly.

Attachments

• F66F94E3-4BC0-436E-AA3B-B6F0BB9C575F.jpeg
    F66F94E3-4BC0-436E-AA3B-B6F0BB9C575F.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2

SMF

Administrator
We should never use less water than lye when mixing the lye solution. Is there a way to provide that as a warning or not allow the calculator to do this? This isn't specific for the app, but I was playing around with adding custom additives in the app, and it allowed me to select an option to replace some of the liquid. I created a custom additive successfully, but I also made a recipe for which the lye may not dissolve properly.
For your issue, please make new thread here: Soapmaking Friend Support

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast

See the new reply; not really an issue. You can use 100% milk, or aloe vera gel, etc- in most cases in soap making, liquid is liquid.

PinkPaws

Premium
iOS
I went into my account, Recipe Settings. I changed the selection from Liquid:Lye Ratio to % Lye Concentration, without changing any amounts or any other fields and I get an error when I try to save. I also tried hitting Save without making any changes and for the same error. Screenshot of error attached

Previously, for Make Recipe Public, I changed the default to No. When I created a new recipe tonight, it ignored my privacy setting and defaulted to yes. See green markup on screenshots

In the Builder tab, the Save and Print buttons are now gone.

(I see Whitney reported a few things but I didn’t go through hers, my apologies if mine are duplicates.)

Attachments

• B3EA2A21-C0AC-4CE1-BE16-7A388AFCE04C.png
    B3EA2A21-C0AC-4CE1-BE16-7A388AFCE04C.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 1
  • B8A02D9C-96D7-4567-9DFC-92E193920084.jpeg
    B8A02D9C-96D7-4567-9DFC-92E193920084.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1
  • D5A454C4-3144-47F8-965E-360A9C7E0C87.jpeg
    D5A454C4-3144-47F8-965E-360A9C7E0C87.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1

indigo365

Please report any issues (screenshots are gold!) in this thread such as;

• Things are that broken
  • Things that are not working like the desktop version
  • The style not looking good
  • Things not aligned correctly
Anything you don't like about the app, want to see changed or added please put in this thread.
Hi, I have a couple of issues.
The details summary shows numbers different to that on the results page:

Attachments

• 9306AC29-F955-4A7E-A70C-9A8266D734F9.png
    9306AC29-F955-4A7E-A70C-9A8266D734F9.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 94B5E814-74B5-4BE9-932C-77D951425464.png
    94B5E814-74B5-4BE9-932C-77D951425464.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 2