HELP!!! I THINK I BURN MY HP SOAP!

orianasarair

Hello there!

I'm super tired and really annoyed, I studied and made a plan for my first time making hot process soap, it's not going well.

I've been waiting for the gel phase in my soap to appair - its have been 3 hours- first I made my soap in the same way cold process do, measure my oils and did the lye, but didn't pour my additives.

Then, I used the method of the stove, I pour my batter and start to cooked, I put the lid because I didn't want to lose moisture.

I started to see my batter become a smashed potato -it looked normal from other soapmakers I saw- I tried to stir a little bit, but it has hard, so following the advice of the soapmakers I followed, I put the lid and become really vigilant when the ' volcano's tried to raised, in this moments a just put away from the fire and let it down.

Well, the process was like this 3 hours later, and I thought I was doing this right, because I saw the gel phase, BUT ONLY WITH THE LID ON, it looked really good, gelly and shiny, but.... When I remove the lid, oh!!!! Potato phase come along and just punched me in the head, I removed it and it keeps the texture, the key it's in the lid, but I never saw that in the many videos a saw!!!!

I'm desperate.

Now, I just think I burned it, but there's not discolor it's really white, so I just feel I huge headache, with that feeling I just changed the method, and now it's in a Mary bath ( sorry I don't know who to say it the thing it's cooking in hot water ), and I just hoping with some tears that it melted and I can sleep soon.

Can somebody help me¿?

I need help... Desperatly

( Hope I write with sense, english it's not my first language)

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_215224045.jpg
    IMG_20201011_215224045.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 9

orianasarair

Yes, i think I cooked way to long, now it's on Mary barth and apparently it's melting really well, so I'm a relieved. Hehe.

Let's see if it comes to live, I don't lose hope.

smcarroll2020

does your formula have a lot of soft oils? that can take a long time to go to trace and then through the phases. for me personally, i find low temperature hot process annoying. I have moved on to high temperature hot process so you have a lovely fluid to pour into molds. I was never ever able to get past a lumpy mess that was glooped into molds and looked ugly.

orianasarair

The first batch I made was awful!! But I could save it!! What I think it happened was that I used more than 50% in hard oils ( pig lard, coco, shea butter) and that accelerated everything, it's more difficult to difference between the phases because after the volcano it just star the ' dry potato phase' and I just need it to add more hot water and mixed, obviously, it didn't helped that I put the soap to cooked on the stove, it was a hot mess :').

But, the second batch with the same recipe result much better, I heat up the oils and lye between 170-200°F and I cooked the soap with the heat of the oils and lye, I still had my dried potatoes phase but I put that on water bath with more water and it was much better the result, it definitely it's an experience gain.

Attachments

• IMG_20201012_101826380.jpg
    IMG_20201012_101826380.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20201015-WA0023.jpeg
    IMG-20201015-WA0023.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 5