hello soap making friend

dejen

hello soap making friend i want to make Lundary soap from tallow but i have got bad odor still in my final product how to remove this odor or minimize? is there any chemicals to treat it?

Eclypse

Greetings. I render tallow in a crock pot with water. Some practical info to keep "smell" lessened:
1) use FRESH ground suet.
2) after all the fat melts and is floating on the water; skim out the solids with a fine steel mesh strainer.
3) Ladle remaining fat and water through a steel mesh strainer LINED with CHEESECLOTH into a separate lg pot.
4) Place water fat mixture on stovetop burner an bring it to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer for several hours until water is gone.
5) Ladle remaining fat through a steel mesh strainer LINED with CHEESECLOTH again.
6) Cool slightly and laddle into shallow casserole dish.
7) When absolutely solid, cut/break into "lasagna" size pieces. Store in freezer bag in freezer.
Using FRESH suet is key for keeping meat smell at a minimum. Skimming and filtering meat out of the hot fat helps a lot. It may seem to be more work than most people want to do, however, now you have a quality fat product you can make soaps with, cook with, candle base, and of course make bird/dog treats with. Quality takes time, practice and patience. Good Luck