Fragrance oils section: adding a breakdown

zlisik

Can the section for fragrance oils be broken down -- perhaps the same way as the base oils are? For the purposes of mixing fragrances: blending a 50-30-20 of base-middle-top notes. I'm now finding myself doing weight % calculations and adding notes for multiple fragrances

for example
- have the fragrance total % per base oils (which is already there)
- the ability to break down that total into different fragrances and specifying the % or weight of each
- a list of EOs
- ability to add our own custom EOs
- list the added fragrances individually w/ their weight in end recipe

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
That’s a great idea! I’m not sure we’ll have a full list of EOs available (there are a ton of them), but we can definitely make it happen where we can add our own or the most common ones (or maybe both).
Do you typically add the fragrances by weight? Do you do it in grams??

zlisik

yes, grams! I've never used teaspoons as per many recipes found online. droppers are all over the place. oz are just too big; I'm familiar with metric too -- so its just easier and more precise to use grams.

I think a 'full' list is impossible. a common list would likely meet most peoples needs. An 'info' bubble for each one with the common 'maximum' recommended per batch (expressed ppo and %) would be helpful too. Including if its top/middle/base.

I think having the ability to add our own to our accts would be essential since we can buy the same EO from different sellers -- which means different qualities -- so I'm imagining something like 'Cinnamon, EO Labs' and 'Cinnamon, PHATOIL'. Or adding a custom EO blend from a seller.

sonysasankan

A percentage breakdown would be lovely to see... similar to the oils. You say how much % and it shows you how much grams, and the calculator tallies to 100%. Right now I do them on an excel sheet (i have a lot of flavours and blends), then manually paste the values on the fragrance section. It becomes rather cumbersome when you try to resize the batch... have to recalculate everything.