Cp soap shelf life help

DramaQueen

Hey, so I have made a few CP soaps and I now an going to try using oat milk instead of water. I was wondering how long a normal cp soap will last, how long a cp soap with milk( any kind) will last, and what happens to the shelf life if you put actual food in it. For ex. if I sprinkled oats on the top of my soap, would that make it go bad faster? Or if I added a puree of something( strawberrys or cucumber) to a soap, would that affect its shelf life? Thanks for the help!

Trudybee

Hey, so I have made a few CP soaps and I now an going to try using oat milk instead of water. I was wondering how long a normal cp soap will last, how long a cp soap with milk( any kind) will last, and what happens to the shelf life if you put actual food in it. For ex. if I sprinkled oats on the top of my soap, would that make it go bad faster? Or if I added a puree of something( strawberrys or cucumber) to a soap, would that affect its shelf life? Thanks for the help!
Hi! CP soap doesn't have a set shelf life, as a result of the pH level of cold process soap doesn't allow mold or bacteria to grow. However most soap makers would consider a soap is going bad when it start to develop DOS or the soap start to smell foul. Oats, milks, fruits, and vegetable are all okay to add to soap. You just have to do some research and testing to see what works for you.