Another bubble option than slsa

sharee

I tried a recipe i found online for hard bubble scoops. Long story short Im trying to use bubble scoop recipes since they bubble, (bubble bombs dont) to be a able to put in molds. I ( used coconut oil instead of glycerin so we will see if they harden)
Problem is AGAIN i used slsa. Even with a mask i felt pressure in my chest and my throat is irritated. There has to be another option to getting bubbles without this nasty dust monster product.

Attachments

• E9660929-D2C9-48CC-849D-7DEFF0EC1DD4.jpeg
    E9660929-D2C9-48CC-849D-7DEFF0EC1DD4.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 3

WilliamD

Hello Sharee; Searching the web I came across an article which listed the following as alternatives:
Sodium cocoyl isethionate, also called SCI is a newer product for making great foam in personal care products. It is a gentle foaming surfactant, and is often used as a good alternative to SLS powder, or even SLSA.
Decyl glucoside is a new generation surfactant made from sugars of fruits and vegetables. It is in the family of alkyl polyglucoside surfactants. Decyl glucoside creates high quality and long lasting foam.
Coco glucoside like decyl glucoside is also in the new alkyl polyglucoside surfactant family, It makes a high quality long lasting foam.
PEG 40 Castor Oil also known as POE 40 Hydrogenated Castor oil is used as a surfactant, emulsifier, and solubilizer. PEG 40 Castor Oil, also called PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil is a non ionic that has a wide range of useful benefits. It is often used by formulators of bath and body products as a way to get fragrances in to oil and water blends. One of the great benefits of using the PEG 40 hydrogenated castor oil is that in addition to helping blend fragrances and colors, and helping to prevent colors from sticking to surfaces, it also foams.
Hope one or some of them work for your situation....All the Best!!!!

gabrealius

I think it's the bubble scoop causing the irritation. I also make bath bomb with almost all the ingredients you use except that I use different oil and I don't feel any irritation. Maybe you should try to make another one without adding the bubble scoop.

Last edited:

raemclain

In my bath bombs I use dry milk instead of slsa for the foaming. I don’t know about bubble scoops. I have severe asthma and don’t even want to mess with SLSA.

Rosita J Robinson

this is why i only make ALL NATURAL STUFF. I DONT USE T/D, LACTATE OR ANY OF THAT OTHER STUFF. do the homework on some of these things you guys or other soapers use and you will see, they arent any different then the store brought.