Allow for an additive to be a liquid replacement

dmcgee5034

Premium
Hi. I use Aloe Vera Juice as my full liquid replacement. Because I cannot choose this as an alternate liquid, my total batch weight is always over (liquid weight is doubled). Super frustrating, as I’ve been off consistently and I just finally did the math to see what was always wrong in my batter dividing up. Please consider making a selection for custom additives “liquid replacement” and allow users to put in a percentage so you can do 100% or some other liquid replacement amount. Thanks.

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
Hi. I use Aloe Vera Juice as my full liquid replacement. Because I cannot choose this as an alternate liquid, my total batch weight is always over (liquid weight is doubled). Super frustrating, as I’ve been off consistently and I just finally did the math to see what was always wrong in my batter dividing up. Please consider making a selection for custom additives “liquid replacement” and allow users to put in a percentage so you can do 100% or some other liquid replacement amount. Thanks.

We have that ability, but it’s not a completely intuitive way to do it.
First, calculate the recipe with regular water, and then change your custom ingredient to the one you choose to replace the water and click “liquid discount”. That will give you the recipe you’d like to see.

Here are some photos to show you what I mean. 3B51340E-83E3-4BE3-B954-FC508F44B268.jpeg

I’ve asked the developer to give us a ‘% of liquid’ dropdown to make it easier to use.

dmcgee5034

Premium
Thanks, I’ll check that out.

Side note, I use an iPad and I can’t see photos. I can’t touch them to see them, and they don’t appear in my regular view. Any ideas?

dmcgee5034

Premium
Oh, I also can’t attach photos. I don’t see an attach here to even show you my screen.