Adding new fat

Fiut

I want to add a new fat in the list. I searched for info about it - African Kombo butter. Found scientific researches with publications for fatty acid profile, SAP value and iodine values and how it is in soap too. How can I add it?

Fiut

Thank you! So here is the information I found on Kombo Butter (pressed crude): SAP value KOH 0.234,5, SAP value NaOH 0.167, iodine 70.6. Fatty acid profile: Myristic 23, Palmitic 49, Stearic 17, Oleic 9.
Links to academic documents to read about: Comparative physico-chemical evaluation of kombo kernel fat produced by three different processes, ANALYSIS OF FATTY ACID COMPOSITION OF KOMBO (PYCNANTHUS ANGOLENSIS) BUTTER, Yield and quality of Pycnanthus kombokernel butter as affected by temperature-moisture interactions
So far I'm using a substitution of Tucuma Seed Butter with similar SAP value, but it has different fatty acid profile.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Fuit,
we are working on updating ingredients database and will add more oils and additives in next update ..
if you don't find the desired oil on our list .. you can still add it using this button
2019-10-25_22-26-00.png

2019-10-25_22-26-53.png

Thank you!
Admin

CsIxy

Dear Admin!
One of my favourite oils is dill seed oil. I have been searching for months for it (maybe more than a year) and finally found a scientific paper with an almost complete database on the saponification properties of dill seed oil. I would send you a link to the pdf here. May I ask you to check it and if it’s worth incorporating it into the database? Thank you very much in advance! Here is the link:
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...mate-Analyses-of-Anethum-Sowa-L-Dill-Seed.pdf

Attachments

• Fattyacid_kapormagolaj.pdf
    79.1 KB · Views: 3