New Version is Live!

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Please may I just ask, and I don't want to cast aspersions or knock anything, but are all the bugs now fixed? Because when I went to use the batch features last time, you could add ingredients but not delete them. And things like that. Also, does this also allow you to fix a currency such as GBP? Or is it still only in USD? I appreciate the software is only $30 a year - I'm just trying to decide whether or not to sign up and take a proper gander.
Delete ingredients are supported. The currency still displays in USD but we will support more currency soon.

Alan

Administrator
Premium
Yes. All bugs are fixed. You can use the complete software without paying. You are just limited on number of recipes. So gander all you want.

Last edited:

oleosoapworks

Sorry if this has been asked previously but is there a way to move the notes back to bottom when printing the recipe?

Mrsitaly22

Premium
I'm struggling to input my non-soap formula because it still adds the oil percentages to equal 100% & doesn't allow percentages on additives. My total oil phase is only 8.5% of the formula, so calculating as soap won't work. I know it's a learning process & you guys are figuring out kinks along the way... since I didn't see this already being discussed, I better make sure I'm not being a total ding-dong missing something that's staring me in the face lol

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
I'm struggling to input my non-soap formula because it still adds the oil percentages to equal 100% & doesn't allow percentages on additives. My total oil phase is only 8.5% of the formula, so calculating as soap won't work. I know it's a learning process & you guys are figuring out kinks along the way... since I didn't see this already being discussed, I better make sure I'm not being a total ding-dong missing something that's staring me in the face lol
It sounds like you have a percentage checked in your settings, check that you are working or grams and not with the percentage turned on.
You have this:
1681581097560.png

So you are telling this software that you have 8.5 grams of oils, and are listing them in percentages.
Change the units of measure to your actual desired measurements (ounces, pounds, grams, etc). It will then allow you to proceed with right amounts.

Last edited:

hollyhockholler

Premium
@Yooper I'm still having the same issue I posted about in the other thread with my batch oil weights coming up incorrectly. I tried deleting everything and starting over multiple times now, with multiple recipes.

KMK

Premium
The new version of SoapmakingFriend.com is live! Please let us know if you spot any issues. We have some design tweaks for mobile coming in the next few days and are aware of those.
I have had this issue intermittently where my final recipe totals the oils but lists 0 for liquids and lye, and does not provide a total for liquids and oils for the recipe. What am I doing wrong? See attached photo. IMG_3070.png