Info Question

LittleSis

Hi! Wondering where I can find the definitions of the bar characteristics? I know they are here somewhere! Also, will there ever be an article section for soap making information? I know there is info on oil properties and a few things there, but I was thinking it might be good to have a few reference articles for newer soap makers? I'd be willing to help out if necessary! I can provide links and/or articles I've collected over the years. Just a thought...

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
The bar characteristics are listed on the recipe, on the side, after you create it. Or do you mean for what those definitions mean?
I do love the reference materials idea for new soapmakers. The thing is, we can't use other material without permission. We could definitely take original submissions, though!
I'll take that suggestion to the owner, and see what we can do. Thank you for the ideas!

LittleSis

Hi! I'm impressed with your response time! Thank you! I meant the definitions of what those words and numbers mean. I know I saw it somewhere! I wanted to reference it in an info sheet I'm writing about using soapmakingfriend that I will use to teach my classes. But wait! I'm ahead of myself here because I really wanted to make sure that it's ok that I do that? Then I'll get ask for definitions! Cart before the horse!

Yooper

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Upper Peninsula of Michigan/ Florida Gulf Coast
You can absolutely use our information and our links that are public. We’d love it if you’d provide the source (us) of course if you use our information, that’s the only requirement.
I’ll look into getting the definitions, but it won’t be until after this weekend before I can get that started.