what is the secret of real soap?

kaire

Premium
I can't relate: 'Soap is too alkaline..'. I have used my own soap for about 2 years now. And my skin is not scratching anymore at winter times. 5% supperfat. Opposite for shop dush gels etc, at winter times the skin was scratching... Do you have some suggested readings about that? I would like learn more.

101Sheilas

You have found how nice it is to use home made soap for your skin but now you want to explain it to others, so it is not so mysterious? I think the good glycerin naturally formed in the process is what helps. That superfatting also, must be what makes it soothing. I just started making soap last March and guess what! I don't have dry itchy skin in the winter anymore either! Yay!

kaire

Premium
You have found how nice it is to use home made soap for your skin but now you want to explain it to others, so it is not so mysterious? I think the good glycerin naturally formed in the process is what helps. That superfatting also, must be what makes it soothing. I just started making soap last March and guess what! I don't have dry itchy skin in the winter anymore either! Yay!
Thank you! I have almost convinced my family!

Nibiru2020

All homemade soaps have a much higher glycerin content than commercial bar soaps. Shower gels have none and dry the skin out very fast, stripping the natural oils.